The winners of the Deals to Meals Giveaway are…comment #127 Tammy Anderson and comment #134 Penny. Congratulations! We will be contacting you soon with your membership and login information. If you are interested in signing up for Deals to Meals (and I highly recommend it!), click here.
I love this time of year. In fact, it may be my very favorite. I adore all of the delicious garden produce that is readily available and while my garden didn’t do well at all this year (a big thumbs down), my tomatoes plants are starting to produce a modest harvest. I’ll take it, baby. There is nothing like a fresh garden tomato. I could eat one every day of the year and never tire of them. My girls feel the same, and so a couple of weeks ago, before they went back to school, we made this killer fabulous French Bread Bruschetta for lunch. We were in tomato heaven, truly. Here’s what you need to know about this great recipe…
French Bread is sliced down the middle, seasoned and lightly toasted in the oven. Mozzarella cheese in sprinkled on top of the bread and melted to a fine deliciousness. Fresh bruschetta (bursting with fabulous fresh tomato and basil flavor) is spooned over the top. Cut into thick wedges, this yummy bread is great as a light lunch, as a party appetizer or just as a side dish for dinner. Hope you get a chance to give it a try, all!
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice 3 C tomatoes into bite sized pieces. I used a variety of shapes and colors that I had growing in my garden this year.
3. Add 1 tsp chopped garlic, 1 Tb olive oil, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar, 2 Tb fresh basil (chopped) and salt and pepper. Stir it well and set aside.
4. Grab a loaf of french bread.
Cut it in half, lengthwise and spread about 1 Tb of butter over each half.
Sprinkle each half with a bit of garlic salt and pop the bread in the oven. Allow the edges to become crisp and the tops to get nice and toasted. Should only take about 5 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle 3/4 C mozzarella cheese over each half.
Return the pan to the oven and allow the cheese to melt. Should only take a few minutes.
6. Carefully spoon the bruschetta mixture over the top of the crispy loaf, and cut it into slices.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!