Boy, do I have a killer fabulous sandwich for you all today. These Loaded BBQ Beef Sandwiches have multiple layers of magnificent flavor and that is no lie, my friends. I opted to use the Homemade Sandwich Buns I posted monday (recipe HERE) but you can easily use store-bought rolls and they will still be wonderful. The beef is super tender and dripping with a smokey bbq sauce that is out of this world. Yum! Grilled onions are layered on top with provolone cheese and a nice fresh sprinkling of green onions and cilantro.
Did I mention that they are loaded with layers of flavor? They are, as you can clearly see. 🙂 Hope some of you get a chance to try them! They are easy enough to put together for a weeknight meal and fancy enough to serve to guests!
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Grab a 2 1/2 – 3 pound chuck roast. Trim the fat from the edges and place it in a 3-4 quart crock pot. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
2. Into a large glass measuring cup place 3 C Sweet Baby Ray’s Bbq sauce, 2 tsp ground mustard, 1 Tb A.1. sauce, 2 tsp liquid smoke, 6 Tb brown sugar and 3 Tb Italian Dressing. Stir to combine.
3. Pour half of the sauce over the top of the roast. Place the remaining sauce in the fridge.
4. Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours.
5. Pour most of the liquid out of the crock pot.
Shred the meat with two forks…
and pour the remaining sauce over the top. Stir it in, to combine.
6. Cover and cook on high for an additional hour. Watch it to be sure it doesn’t start to burn to the sides.
7. Slice 2 large onions into thin rounds. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Melt 2 Tb butter into the pan and add the onions. Sautee the onions, stirring occasionally until soft and translucent. (Should only take about 10 minutes) Pour 1/2 C beef broth and 1 Tb soy sauce into the pan. Allow it to simmer and cook down for 2-3 minutes. Taste and add salt and pepper to your liking.
8. When you are ready to build the sandwiches, butter the insides of your sandwich rolls. Place them face down on a hot skillet and allow them to get nice and toasty. Remove them from the skillet and place a generous portion of the bbq beef and a slice of provolone cheese on each roll bottom.
Add some of the sautéed onions and a bit of cilantro and green onions.
Add the top of the roll and dig in, baby! Hope you love these! We sure do. 🙂
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!