Hello there friends. If you are looking for a great party punch that can be made in a large 5 gallon jug, will serve a grand amount of folks (80, 8 ounce servings, here) and tastes wonderful…well then this post is for you! A sweet friend and fellow congregation member passed this recipe along to me and I have been dieing to try it. I made a batch last weekend for a large family party and it was a hit, especially with the kids. They loved it (as did I!) It’s got a nice fruity, tropical flavor. The recipe calls for a regular sized bag of ice and it kept the drink nice and cold for almost 24 hours.
Make it for pack meeting, a family reunion, girls camp, scout camp, youth conference, your church pot luck, your kids’ bday party, your neighborhood get together or for any other reason you need to keep people hydrated with deliciousness this summer!
Let me show you how to make it happen…
1. Grab a 5 gallon drink dispenser. Now, please keep in mind that I added a couple of ingredients that aren’t pictured above once I had it all mixed in. Sorry that they aren’t in the picture, but I decided to still post this incomplete picture so you could get a helpful visual on that big can of pineapple juice and the color of the Kool-Aid packages and what not…so you know what to look for when you are shopping. 🙂
2. Into the bottom of the drink dispenser place 1 (12 ounce) can of frozen lemonade concentrate, 1 (12 ounce) can of frozen orange juice concentrate, 1 (12 ounce) can pink lemonade frozen concentrate, 4 packages of Peach Mango Kool Aid, 4 cups of sugar, 1 (46 ounce) can of pineapple juice…
and 3 packets of Orange Crystal Light (just 3 packets, not 3 entire containers). I opted to use the Walmart brand.
3. Pour 1 pitcher full of water over the top and stir it well, allowing the frozen concentrates to melt and incorporate.
4. Add 1 bag (regular sized) ice. Stir to combine.
5. Add enough water to fill it to the 4 gallon marker on the inside of the dispenser, or until there are about 5 inches of space remaining.
6. Add 2 (2 liter) bottles of Sprite or 7UP. Stir it well…
Yum! Give it a taste. Add another package of either Kool Aid or Crystal Light if it’s not as potent as you would like. As the directions for the water are a little bit loose, it helps to have a little back up flavoring in case you get a little bit water heavy.
7. Cover the cooler, serve and enjoy!
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe from my sweet friend Meggin Dolberg