Have you noticed how popular “bowls” are getting. Now, I am not referring to the actual ceramic container that contains your sustenance. 🙂 Rather, I am making reference to all of the yummy combinations of meat/grain/veggie/sauce that are being served in one bowl all together. I’ve seen people making Fajita Bowls with grilled peppers and onions, chicken, rice and a yummy sauce all served on one bowl. Recently at Chili’s I ordered killer Chipotle Chicken Fresh Mex Bowl that has all kinds of yummy things like black beans, chicken, cilantro rice and a fantastic sauce that packs a spicy punch. The possibilities are endless, truly! I have many great recipe combinations rolling around in my mind that I am hoping to share with you all in the future. Today, I am sharing the first of many which is the beautiful Grilled Sesame Chicken and Noodle Bowl you see pictured above.
It is divine, my friends…very easy to put together and perfect for summer as the chicken is marinated in a fabulous sauce and then grilled. I used chicken tenders which marinade and grill much quicker than whole chicken breasts. They only need marinade for about 20-30 minutes total, which will give you a little time to roast some delightful peppers, onions and mushrooms as well as cook up some of my favorite Sesame Noodles. You should be able to make the whole thing dish from start to finish (including marinating time) in about 45 minutes. That’s something to be happy about, yes?
Hope some of you get a chance to try it!
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Into a large glass measuring cup place 7 Tb Yoshida’s Marinade and Cooking Sauce. Add 3 Tb soy sauce, 1 Tb minced garlic and 1 tsp sesame oil. Stir it together to combine.
2. Into a gallon sized Ziploc bag place 15 chicken tenders. Pour the sauce over the chicken, seal the bag tightly and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
3. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
4. Chop 1 small red onion, 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper, 1 orange pepper and 1 (8 ounce) package of mushrooms. You want the pieces to be about the same size.
5. Spread the veggies out over a large baking sheet. Drizzle 2 Tb olive oil over the pan and toss to combine.
6. Sprinkle a bit of garlic salt and pepper over the top.
7. Pop the pan into the over and allow the veggies to roast for about 20 minutes…
or until they are crisp tender and slightly caramelized.
8. Heat up your grill to 350 degrees.
9. While the veggies roast, cook 1 (12 ounce) package of angel hair pasta according to package directions.
10. Into a large mixing bowl place 4 T soy sauce, 3 T brown sugar, 2 tsp sesame oil, 1 T peanut butter, 1 Tb sriracha sauce, 1 T olive oil, 1 T white sugar. Stir them well to combine. Add the hot noodles to the bowl and toss well. Add 3 Tb chopped green onions and 1 Tb toasted sesame seeds. Give it all a nice stir to combine.
11. Spray your hot grill generously with cooking spray and cook the chicken for about 5 minutes on each side or until the inside is no longer pink.
12. Set out individual serving bowls and divide the chicken noodles and veggies between them. Pour more Yoshida’s sauce over each bowl, according to your own preference.
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!