If you only make one pumpkin recipe this whole month…make these muffins, my friends. They are absolutely divine, truly. My family and I were dying over them. They are super soft and super moist, are loaded with fragrant fall spices and pack a cream cheese swirl in the center that will make you weak in the knees. Make some this week! Take some to your neighbor, bring them into work, bake some for a friend, or your kids or your mama. There will be smiles all around, of that you can be sure. (Even my teenage daughter who claims she “hates all things pumpkin” fell in love with these. Ha!)…love it when that happens, I surely do.
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl, place 4 eggs and 2 C sugar. Beat them together for 2 minutes. Add 1 C oil, 1 tsp vanilla and 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin. Mix to combine.
3. In a separate bowl toss together 2 C flour, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp baking soda, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp cloves. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and fold them together until combined. You want to make sure not to over mix.
4. Line your muffin tins with cupcake liners and spray them with cooking spray. Fill the cups just a little bit less than half full of batter.
5. Grab a small mixing bowl and place 1 (8 ounce) package softened cream cheese, 1 C powdered sugar, 1 egg, 1/2 tsp vanilla and a dash of salt into it. Beat it with hand beaters until nice and smooth. Drop about 2 tsp of the cream cheese filling into each muffin cup.
6. Add a bit more pumpkin batter…
Grab a toothpick and swirl the cream cheese a bit.
7. Pop them in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Make sure when testing with a toothpick that you insert it to the side of the cream cheese filling, so you are testing the pumpkin batter. It’s ok if the cream cheese comes out on the toothpick, but not the batter. Does that even make sense? I sure hope so, friends. 🙂
8. Allow them to rest in the pans for 5 minutes. Due to the cream cheese center, the tops may sink just a bit. Don’t be discouraged. That is normal for these muffins.
Remove from the pans and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!