Chocolate Cream Cupcakes
Boy, do I have a fabulous cupcake recipe for you all today! These Chocolate Cream Cupcakes feature a rich chocolate cake…
…are generously filled with freshly whipped cream and are topped with a silky chocolate butter cream that is out of this world. They are heavenly, of that you can be sure. You can make them well in advance, as they keep in the freezer for several months. (A blessing!) I got these cute Lazer Cut Cupcake Liners at Amazon, you can see them HERE.
I made a couple batches of these amazing Chocolate Cream Cupcakes this week for my sons wedding dinner that is coming up this weekend.
This is my boy and his beautiful bride to be. 🙂
Can you even believe he is old enough to be married, or should I say…can you believe I am old enough to have a child getting married. We are thrilled beyond belief and love his fiance very much. It’s sure been a fun spring, getting to know her better and planning for the upcoming celebration. We feel very blessed.
On to the recipe…
1 devils food cake mix
1 small package instant chocolate pudding
1/3 C flour
1/3 C oil
1 1/2 C water
1 t vanilla
1/3 C sour cream
2 C heavy whipping cream
1/3 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 C butter, softened
5 1/2 C powdered sugar
1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
6-7 Tb half and half
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Into your stand mixer (or large mixing bowl) place the cake mix, flour, and pudding mix. Toss to combine.
3. Add the oil, water, vanilla, sour cream and eggs. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape the bottom of the mixer with a rubber spatula. Mix at medium speed for 2 minutes, or until the batter has thickened a bit and is nice and glossy.
4. Line your muffin tins with cupcake liners and spray them with cooking spray.
5. Fill the liners a little bit less than 2/3 full of batter. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pans for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
1. Place the cream into your stand mixer and whip on medium high speed for 4-5 minutes or until the mixture is nice and thick.
2. Add the sugar, vanilla and dash of salt and mix to combine.
3. Place the cream into a large cake decorating bag with a large round tip. Stick the tip into the top of each cupcake and fill it with cream.
1. Place the butter into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl. Beat with the paddle attachment for 30 seconds or so.
2. Add the powdered sugar and cocoa powder a bit at a time. If your cocoa powder is clumpy, you may want to sift it into the mixer to make sure it incorporates well.
3. Add the half and half, salt and vanilla and mix until nice and smooth (about 2 minutes). Add more half and half if it's too thick.
4. Using a large star tip and decorating bag, pipe the frosting into peaks on top of the cupcakes.
**You can make the cupcakes ahead of time and freeze them. They will keep in the freezer for several months.
**I found the cute lazer cut cupcake holders on Amazon at this link...https://amzn.to/2rIk2TC
Recipe from www.jamiecooksitup.net
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Here are a few more of my favorite cupcake recipes!
White Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes
Coconut Cream Cupcakes
Black and White Cupcakes
Boston Cream Cupcakes