Beach Street Lemon Chicken

Beach Street Lemon Chicken

If you are ready for something besides dessert, raise your hand. Alright, maybe I’m the only one raising my hand. But, let’s face it. We really should eat something in December besides sugar, shouldn’t we? I know that my taste buds are sugared out for the moment….I am in need of something fantastically delicious, that doesn’t belong in the high calorie-I-am-about-to-stick-myself-to-your-thighs category. If you are floatin in the same boat then boy do I have the recipe for you. I got this recipe from my friend Angela. She added it to our weekly church newsletter, and I have been wanting to try it for months. I gave it a go about 8 weeks ago…and I have made it seriously 4 times since then. I can’t get enough of it! I have tweaked the ingredient amounts just a bit to accommodate my semi-large sized family. Large in number folks….and a bit large in stature, I will admit! Give this pasta a try….you will LOVE it!
Beach Street Lemon Chicken

zest from 1 lemon
juice from 1 lemon
1/2 C chopped green onion
1/4 C chopped fresh parsley
salt
freshly ground black pepper
parmesan cheese, the grated kind

1. Combine the marinade ingredients together. I always taste it before I put the chicken in so I can be sure it’s not too spicy. Add a bit more Cajun seasoning if it doesn’t have enough kick. When you have it just right, put your chicken in, cover and let it sit in the fridge for 1-12 hours.

2. Cook the chicken with the marinade in a large skillet over medium heat until the chicken is cooked through and the marinade has reduced just a bit.

3. While chicken is cooking, cook the pasta in boiling salted water.
4. Combine the juice and zest of the lemon, green onions, and fresh parsley together in a large bowl.
5. Add the hot pasta and sprinkle with salt an pepper.

6. Add the chicken and marinade, toss everything in the bowl together and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately!

Chicken Breast on Foodista

December 14, 2009 at 6:06 pm

Oh Thank you! Thank you! I can't wait to receive my prize so I can make my Brie Wheel Treat. Thanks for all your fabulous posts and ideas. Love your blog.

December 14, 2009 at 7:33 pm

That sounds like a wonderful recipe!
    Dropped by from SITS.

December 14, 2009 at 8:00 pm

That looks beyond delicious. I'll have to try it out as I experiment with teaching myself how to cook over the holidays. Lol. :)

February 5, 2010 at 1:41 am

Just found your blog because you were featured in the Family Bites section of Foodbuzz. You have lots of great recipes! I bookmarked your Parmesan Chicken Salad and am making it this week.

I made this recipe tonight for my family and it was OH SO GOOD! I loved the sweet/tangy combination. Usually I'm a huge parmesan on pasta fan, but I didn't even think this needed it, it was great as is. I found this to be a very kid-friendly recipe, as both my somewhat picky 2 1/2 yr old and 1 yr old loved it. I'm sure its the sweetness in the sauce that kept them coming back for more. This recipe is a keeper!

May 15, 2010 at 10:39 pm

I made this recipe last night, and 4 kids and husband loved it! It is a new favorite! I love this blog and have a lot of recipes I can't wait to try! You also have a fun personality and I think your editorials are super funny. btw, I am married to Tricia T's cousin, and she sent me the link on FB…Thanks for all the recipes and ideas!

August 11, 2010 at 3:04 am

I am in love with your french bread, pesto, parm and chicken recipe….. True story!!!

December 7, 2010 at 8:56 am

I made this tonight. It was very fresh tasting and yummy. I think I would double the sauce though. We are a sauce family. So good. Definitely be making it again.

January 5, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Ok, so I keep seeing this lovely recipe of yours on other people's blogs….it must be a sign that I NEED to make it! :-)

January 21, 2011 at 3:49 am

Made this tonight for dinner-super yummy. My kids gobbled it up and my husband I did too! thanks…it's sure to become favorite at our house.

Kris Merrill
    August 25, 2011 at 1:08 am

I made your Beach Street Lemon Chicken tonight.
    I had fresh lemons the size of grapefruit, given to me by a dear friend, brought back from California. This recipe is a keeper! My family loved it! Thanks Jamie!

October 31, 2011 at 8:20 pm

I tried this recipe and followed exactly but after marinating chicken for a few hours in the fridge and cooking it in the marinade it came out really dry, any suggestions?

October 31, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Anonymous,
    Sometimes if you cook the chicken too quickly, at too high a temperature it can come out dry. It could also be the kind of chicken you have. I bought some chicken recently (a 50 pound box!) that is dry no matter what I do to it. Even after soaking in a broth…still dry. Can't wait until that blasted box is gone. Those are my best guesses. Good luck! Hope it turns out better next time.

November 2, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Thank you Jamie for the answer, I will try it again and use different batch of chicken breast, you may be onto something here :) I do recall that sometimes my chicken pieces turn out great in meals and other times I just remove them and eat the rest, always thought it was my mistake, anyway it is great to hear that it may not be my fault lol

Grammie
    September 1, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Thanks for sharing…a F.B. friend shared it…..I too have a little grandson & a teen who love chicken…this is definitely a keeper!!! Its super yummy

Rebecca A
    September 28, 2013 at 4:36 pm

We had this tonight and it was a hit here as well! I plan to cut the chicken into bite size pieces before the marinade next time to make it easier for my kids to eat. (I also hope this will make the chicken even tastier- this sauce is delish!) Thanks for something different.