Happy Father’s Day everyone! I hope you all get to spend some time with YourHandsomeHusbands and your Fathers on this great day.
Come on back next week to see some of the tasty things I will be making today for MyHandsomeHusband.
You know I couldn’t post 7 days in a row
without at least one of the posts being cookies.
Cookies are my true love!
the 5 very sweet hooligans that run around here calling me mom.
(and my dear friends and family…and you lovely readers, of course.)
I seriously just get a big old grin on my face
when I know it’s a cookie making day. I know…
get a clue,
get a life,
get to the gym.
I just can’t help myself.
A fresh cookie warm out of the oven
is one of life’s simple
(and down right fabulous) pleasures.
get a clue?
get a life?
Get to the gym?
Somebody point me in the right direction.
These M and M Sugar Cookies are sure to melt in your mouth.
And in your hand if you hold on to them long enough.
I’d wager you won’t have them in your hands for long!
Have a great rest of your weekend everyone!
See you back here soon….
M and M Sugar Cookies
Yield: 48 cookies
Time: 1 hour
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
1 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 t vanilla
3 C flour
2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
2 t cream of tartar
dash of salt
1 medium bag (12 oz) M and M’s
1. In a stand mixer, or with hand held beaters cream the butter and sugar for about 3 minutes, or until fluffy.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix for 2 more minutes.
3. In a separate small mixing bowl combine all dry ingredients. Add to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
4. Pour in your M and M’s and mix just until combined. Don’t mix too long here guys and gals…you will crush your M and M’s into smithereens.
5. Form into round balls (about 2 inches in size) and lay onto a cookies sheet. I like to smash the dough down just a little bit with the palm of my hand.
6. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes (about 6 minutes at 325 in a convection oven) or until you see the cookies start to crack. Take them out of the oven and let them finish cooking on the hot sheet for about 5 minutes.
7. Remove from the cookie sheet onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
Don’t forget to eat one fresh from the oven….
….like he did!
….and what do you know,
another cookie lovin’ kid.
Must get that from his Mom.