SocialBoost 728×90 ATF

Burrito Casserolle

Burrito Casserolle

Well, I sure hope you are in the mood for easy.
Easy and yummy.
Hearty and satisfying.
It’s hard to not be in the mood for those four things, isn’t it!
 Those four things make life run just a bit smoother.
If you would like to enter the Lawry’s Seasoning and Bakeware giveaway, well then…..
Click on over to my review blog and leave me a comment
You wouldn’t care to?
No worries.
Keep on a reading for a great recipe!
Burrito Casserole
Time: 20 minutes prep + 15 minutes baking (woo. Hoo!)
Recipe adapted from Lawry’s
*NOTE* If you can’t find any Lawry’s Burrito Seasoning, taco seasoning or enchilada seasoning can be substituted.
1 lb ground beef
1  15 oz can black beans
1  8 oz can tomato sauce
1 1/2 C water
1  1.4 oz package Lawry’s Chimichurri Burrito Casserole seasoning
8 flour tortillas
1 1/2 C shredded Mexican Cheese blend
1. In a large skillet brown your ground beef over medium high heat. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper in there, just for kicks.
2. When the beef is browned, drain the fat off. Drain and rinse your black beans and add them to the browned beef.

3. In a small mixing bowl, or glass measuring cup mix together your water, tomato sauce, and Lawry’s seasoning packet.

4. Pour 1 C of the red sauce into your beef and been mixture. Stir to incorporate.

5. Fill each tortilla with some of the meat mixture.

6. Roll that puppy right on up! Lay it in a 9×13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Repeat with the other 7 tortillas.

7. Pour the rest of your red sauce over the top of the rolled burritos.

8. Cover with your cheese. The recipe calls for a Mexican Cheese blend, which I’m sure would be just down right scrumptious. I only had plain old cheddar. It was still really good!
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or until it’s heated through and the cheese is melted.
10. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, green onions and sour cream. Or add a little avocado…maybe even some fresh cilantro chopped up nice and fine. What ever you have around! Ok, maybe not mustard, or flaked coconut. Stick with a south western theme, will ya? We don’t want your families to turn their pretty little noses up at this fine dish!

Enjoy, my friends! See you soon!

November 2, 2010 at 1:37 pm

Ooh, this looks really yummy! I might just have to try this!

November 2, 2010 at 2:20 pm

Super simple indeed, it looks very tasty

November 2, 2010 at 4:10 pm

Those look so good!

November 2, 2010 at 4:30 pm

This looks so good. I can't wait to try it. Because there are just 2 of us at my house now, this will be too much for us to eat at one or even two meals. I will use either 2-8×8 foil pans or 3 4×8 foil pans and freeze the other pans we don't use for another meal. I'm excited. Always looking for great new meals to try as well as freezer meals for days when I'm too busy to cook.

November 2, 2010 at 10:29 pm

Hi! Stopping by from, oh where was I… oh Debbie's place at Friday Friends LOL! 🙂 Can't believe I've not been by here??!!

I love a good burrito casserole. Quick and easy and delicious!

November 2, 2010 at 10:59 pm

Thanks for the dinner idea for tonight! I was looking for something quick, easy and yummy (since I have YW's tonight)! I have them made and ready to stick in the oven! 🙂

November 3, 2010 at 12:54 am

Made this for dinner. Very easy and yummy!

November 3, 2010 at 9:25 pm

These look yummy and I am all about easy. Thanks!

November 3, 2010 at 10:18 pm

Goodness does this dish look GOOD!!!!

November 4, 2010 at 11:40 pm

They were AMAZING. My picky kiddos gobbled them up! Thanks for sharing. P.S. Your pics looks GREAT!

November 15, 2010 at 10:26 pm

This recipe looks great, my friend and I have not been able to find the lawry's seasoning, where did you purchase it? (We have looked at our local Albertson's & Smiths, we do not have a whole lot to choose from in grocery stores)!

November 16, 2010 at 1:57 am

Nikki,
    Thanks for contacting me. I have seen Lawrey's Seasoning at my local Walmart and Smith's stores. What city are you shopping in? The seasonings are new, just out this year so perhaps they haven't been introduced at your stores yet. Good Luck! You could try substituting enchilada seasoning perhaps?
    Thanks,

Jamie N
    November 16, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Jamie,
    I made these enchiladas and your spanish rice recipe last night for dinner and they were a hit! I have 4 enchilada recipes that I rotate through and my husband said this is his favorite (and since it is the easiest too I will be moving it to the top of my list). My 4 & 8 year old kids snarfed them down too! I was so thrilled with how good they turned out that I just had to email you and Lawry's. We enjoyed the rice too but it didn't turn out as light and fluffy as yours. It was heavy and wet but good. Thanks for the awesome recipes! I make so many of the things I see posted here.

December 13, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Just finished eating this and so glad you shared the recipe! My husband LOVED it and said I should make it again! Thank you!

December 13, 2010 at 10:48 pm

Sorry, my husband was logged in to gmail 🙂
    Candi

February 7, 2014 at 7:30 pm

As a trade metal silver can be beettr than gold. Easier to “make change” with it.But don’t worry, there’s no inflation and the economy will turn around for the next great 4 year plan.Maybe the next strongman will have a fancy hat and a dashing steed to ride.

March 3, 2014 at 9:09 am

Ah, i see. Well that’s not too tricky at all!”

May 4, 2011 at 10:31 pm

Hi Jamie. I was at Smith's (In Herriman) and can not find the Chimichurri Burrito casserole seasoning. I looked where the International food is and where the gravy mixes are. Where can I find that stuff?

May 7, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Hi Lindsay,
    It should be with the other seasoning packets, I would imagine right where you were looking! Perhaps the packet has been discontinued which would be a shame. You might try using an Enchilada seasoning packet. I think that would work quite well as a substitute. Good luck!!!!

June 13, 2011 at 2:08 am

Jamie,

Do you think this could be made and baked then frozen? Of just made up and then frozen to bake after thawed? I am looking for freezer meals! Thanks

June 13, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Hi Mindy,
    Yes, this dish can be frozen. It's best to freeze it before baking, then when you are ready to use it, let it defrost before you bake it. Good luck!

February 20, 2012 at 8:40 pm

These were great! I put them in two 8×8 disposable tins. Baked one & put the other in the freezer. Hopefully they reheat well! The flavor was pretty mild. My 19 month old loved it! I spiced mine up with salsa. Thanks again for a great recipe!