Olive Garden Salad with Homemade Dressing

Olive Garden Salad with Homemade Dressing

I really love the Olive Garden.
Love those heavenly bread sticks dipped in a little Zupa Toscana.
Down right fabulous.
Love the crisp salad dressed with their
wonderful, flavorful dressing.
Exceptionally fabulous!
Love going there with friends and family and MyHandsomeHusband.
Not really the same if he doesn’t come along.
He makes my world go round, you know.
Makes everything fabulous….
And I need, I need
I need – I need
fabulous!

This homemade Olive Garden Salad Dressing recipe is
fabulous
to say the least.
I can’t say it is EXACTLY the same as the good old OG.
It is a little creamier but just as flavorful and wonderful
and
fabulous!
 Make some today…..everyone deserves fabulous!
Especially you!
Olive Garden Salad with Homemade Dressing
Time: 15 minutes (gotta love that, baby)
Yield: 6-8 servings

2 romaine lettuce hearts (you just want the hearts, they will give you a crisp crunchy texture.)
3 Roma tomatoes
2 T corn syrup
4 T Parmesan cheese
1 t minced garlic
1/2 t Italian Seasoning
1/2 t parsley, dried
1 T lemon juice
1. Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender or small food processor and mix until well combined.
2. Chop your lettuce, tomatoes and red onion. Add your olives, croutons and Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine.
3. Pour dressing over the top. Toss to coat and serve immediately.
Pat yourself on the back! You are so very fabulous, you know.
And that ain’t no lie.

February 16, 2011 at 5:08 am

Oooh, who doesn't need a little fabulous? :)

February 16, 2011 at 5:42 pm

I am going to try this recipe and I also want to know where you bought this plate. I love it!

February 16, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Yum. I can't wait to try it. I might leave out the corn syrup though. I don't need added sugar. Do you think it would change the flavor much? Oh and have you seen High School Musical 2 a few times. ;)

February 16, 2011 at 6:29 pm

oh my! looks wonderul! how long does this keep in the fridge? thanks for sharing!

February 16, 2011 at 8:30 pm

You had me at Olive Garden, but FABULOUS was the icing on the cake (or the dressing on the salad! :D ). I am a huge fan of their dressing, so this is now on my must make list.

February 16, 2011 at 11:20 pm

I don't suppose you have a recipe for the Zuppa Toscana soup?

February 17, 2011 at 3:36 am

Anonymous,
    I'm pretty sure I bought the plate on a clearance shelf at Hobby Lobby.

Tori,
    I think you may be able to get away with out the corn syrup…maybe add a little splenda? Let me know how it turns out.
    PS…glad you got the fabulous joke!

Tammy,
    I bet it would last at least a couple of weeks, though ours is usually eaten pretty quickly so I'm not positive.

Becca,
    I have had Zuppa Toscana on my list to make for quite some time, just haven't ever gotten to it yet. Hopefully soon!

Thanks everyone! Have a good night!

March 13, 2011 at 9:11 pm

I love Olive Garden. Tommorrow is Olive Garden night right here at home. Now I have the Zuppa, breadsticks and salad thanks to you!! Your rock. Keep up the great work. I love all the down home, straight from the pantry cooking!

March 24, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Thanks for posting all of the Olive Garden recipes. I made them for dinner last night and everyone loved it! We love Olive Garden but don't love the price of actually eating there. Now we don't have to go without!! Thanks for all the fabulous recipes!

April 9, 2011 at 11:42 pm

Love your site and all your recipes. The only thing I would say about this one, is to throw some banana peppers in there too, just like at Olive Garden, felt they were missing, but again maybe that is a good thing for people who just pile them on the side of their plate anyway?

July 19, 2011 at 9:59 am

Thank you for this recipe Jamie! I live overseas right now, and this was so good and totally hit the spot! Thanks again!

August 6, 2011 at 3:24 am

OH MY GOODNESS! This is the first time my guests were getting seconds on SALAD! Yummy – thanks so much!

December 31, 2011 at 5:09 pm

I did make this dressing this past summer for my family. We thought it was better than the original. I will be making it again!

Julie
    January 10, 2012 at 6:49 pm

What are the little mild peppers in the Olive Garden salads?

January 11, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Hi Julie,
    I believe the peppers Olive Garden serves in their salad are pickled banana peppers. But this is just a guess! Good luck! Hope you find what you are looking for!

January 18, 2012 at 7:27 pm

They are pepperoncinis sometimes called Tuscan Peppers.

January 27, 2012 at 3:13 am

I wanted to save this recip to a folder.
    And it will not let me.
    I saved the Bead Sticks.
    So can you please push your little button, so we can save it???

Thanks Bev

January 27, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Bev,
    I'm not sure which button you are referring to. The only thing I have added is the Print Recipe button. Other than that…it's kind of out of my hands. :)
    Good luck!

JULIE
    February 26, 2012 at 7:40 pm

5 1/2 C. CHICKEN STOCK
    1/2 C. HEAVY CREAM (I USE 1/2 C. MILK AND 1 T. LIGHT SOUR CREAM TO LIGHTEN IT UP)
    BRING TO A BOIL
    4 C. CHOPPED KAYLE
    4 POTATOES THINLY SLICED
    ADD TO BROTH
    1 LB. SAUSAGE COOKED AND CRUMBLED
    1/2 T. SALT
    1/2 T. CRUSHED RED PEPPER FLAKES
    ADD ALL TO POT SIMMER FOR 1 HOUR

May 3, 2012 at 7:21 pm

I do like Olive Garden's salad, soup, and a few of their entrees, but not any with the tomato based pasta sauce. They do not know how to make a good one….mine is far superior. I do use garden fresh tomatoes and let it simmer all day…theirs tastes like it comes from a store brand jar of pasta sauce without anything added to it.

Gail
    September 26, 2012 at 8:46 am

I’m in heaven. This recipe is FABULOUS, Darling! Thanks so much!

Frances Cobble
    February 13, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Great Blog

Spikeygrrl
    March 2, 2013 at 9:02 pm

To Tori (Feb 6, 2100): I not only don’t “need” sugar, I can’t have it, period, for medical reasons. I’ve also for seven years been restricted to more than 30 grams/day of ANY sort of carbohydrates. So instead of giving up my foodie ways, I invested in a bottle of liquid sucralose, sold under a variety of different brand names (the one in my pantry right now is Sweetzfree: http://www.sweetzfree.com). IT IS NOT CHEAP, but since only a drop or two replaces an awful lot of sugar, my $64 4-oz. bottle is still more than 80% full after using it several times a week for almost four years! Only one minor drawback: it can’t produce that crunchy glaze we all love about brown sugar- or molasses-based BBQ sauces. In a recipe like this, however, you might want to give it a try!

betty
    March 4, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Great recipe! Thanks!

Pam
    July 8, 2013 at 10:37 am

Would like to know how much sugar to use instead of the bad corn syrup you have listed. I don’t use the stuff–it’s terrible for you! Even in that small amount! Thank you!

bp
    August 18, 2013 at 10:55 am

I have to disagree that there is not one drop of mayo in Olive Gardens salad dressing it is way to clear to have mayo in it its more of a Balsamic Italian dressing then it is a mayo type dressing so you need to pay attention to food more then assuming that it has mayo in its not a mayo dressing

Mr.O Teacher
    February 4, 2014 at 6:46 pm

My family loves the Olive Garden salad so much, my wife went on line and voila the recipe. I put it together tonight for dinner and everyone raved about how great it was. I am going to try it in my foods class with my students that love the O.G salad as well. Loving my magic bullet. Use a whole lemon if you want everyone to drool when they eat it!!!!!

Patti
    September 21, 2014 at 2:07 pm

When making your dressing and you add Parmesan cheese are you adding the shredded or the grated or does it matter?