Crock Pot Berry Cobbler

Crock Pot Berry Cobbler

I am always on the look out for more crock pot recipes. There is just something so comforting about the old crock cooking up something fabulous while I hang around in my pajamas reading a book and eating chocolate cheesecake. Ok, that never happens. Hanging around in my pjs reading a book, that is. Unless you count the few precious minutes I have to read a good book at quarter past dead, late, LATE at night when I can barely hold my eyes lids open. I know, I know. Cry me a river. :) This is the stage of life I so find myself. Lots of people to care for…limited time for myself. It’s actually pretty great, you know. I won’t know what to do with myself when all of these little people grow up and leave me here alone with piles of unread books. Truly.

I’m not sure how you got me on to the topic of unread books, but this post is about crock pots.

Thank you.

Most of the time I rely on my crock pot when my day is booked solid and there isn’t enough time in the late afternoon to make dinner. I bet you all find yourself in that situation as well! What would a person do without a crock pot to simmer dinner away on those busy days. Todays recipe, however isn’t about dinner. It’s about a sumptuous, berry-licous, sweet and tart, dreamy Berry Cobbler. Made right in the crock pot! Who would have thought. This Berry Cobbler is absolutely wonderful. You need to be patient and let it sit for about 10 minutes after it’s done cooking. The ingredients need just a bit of time to sit and thicken up. Then dish your self a nice bowl with a scoop of cool vanilla ice cream on top.  Heaven!!! It’s really great cold the next day as well.

Now, let’s make some together. You, me and your trusty crock.

IMG_2320_edited-1

Crock Pot Berry Cobbler
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE

Time: 10 min. prep + 2 1/2 hours cooking
Recipe lightly adapted from Chef-In-Training and Taste Of Home

1 C flour
3 T sugar
1 t baking powder
1/4 t cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 C milk (I used 1%)
2 T canola oil
4 C mixed berries (I used frozen)
1 C sugar
1/4 C flour
1/8 t salt

IMG_2187_edited-1

1. Grab a medium-sized mixing bowl and add to it 1 cup flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Toss it around a bit with a fork, making sure all of the ingredients are combined.

IMG_2189_edited-1

2. Into a separate bowl whisk one egg. Add to it 1/4 cup milk and 2 tablespoons canola oil. Stir it all up to combine.
3. Pour your dry ingredients into the egg/milk mixture.

IMG_2192_edited-1

4. Combine the ingredients with a fork, until they are combined.

IMG_2194_edited-1

5. Spray a 5 quart crock pot with cooking spray and spread the batter out along the bottom.

IMG_2196_edited-1

6. In a medium-sized mixing bowl place 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour and 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Toss it around a bit to combine.

IMG_2197_edited-1

7. Now, find your self some berries. I like to use this frozen mixed berry blend from Costco.

IMG_2198_edited-1

8. Measure out 4 cups of frozen berries and place them in the sugar/flour mixture. Give them a nice stir to make sure they all get coated.
9. Pour the berries and sugar over the top of the batter in your crock pot.
10. Cover the pot and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours, or until the batter is cooked through.

IMG_2266_edited-1

11. When it is done cooking, unplug your crock pot and take the lid off. Allow the cobbler to sit for about 5-10 minutes. The juice from the berries will thicken up a bit more if you do this.

Serve with vanilla ice cream or yogurt. Refrigerate leftovers. It’s actually FABULOUS the second day eaten cold! Who would have thought. :)

Enjoy!

IMG_2317_edited-1

Alli Bahr
    March 1, 2013 at 10:08 am

Wahoo- crockpot dessert! Love it! Love you!!

barbara
    March 1, 2013 at 11:03 am

hi jamie, this isn’t about the berry cobbler (it does look lovely though) but, in the heading in you front page above “contacts” is a bowl of delicious looking noodles w/ scallions. could you please tell me what it is? i’d like to make it for supper tonight. thanks. love, barbara

JennE
    March 1, 2013 at 11:09 am

This isn’t Jamie but, I think that those are the Sesame noodles.

barbara
    March 1, 2013 at 11:18 am

thanks jenn

denise
    March 1, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Hi Barbara…I found it! Sesame Noodles !Jamie is awesome–and I’m going to try this crockpot wonder !
    Sesame Noodles
    4 T soy sauce
    3 T brown sugar
    2 T sesame oil
    1/2 T peanut butter
    1 t hot chili oil
    1 T olive oil
    1 T white sugar
    1 small can mushrooms, chopped
    3-4 green onions, chopped
    1/2 T sesame seeds
    1 16 oz package Capellini Noodles (or thin spaghetti noodles)

1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
    2. While your noodles simmer away, add all ingredients but the mushrooms, green onions and sesame seeds, into a large mixing bowl. Stir them all up nicely so they are incorporated well.
    3. When the noodles are done cooking, pour them into a strainer to drain all of the hot water. Immediately add the noodles to the sauce. Add the mushrooms and sesame seeds and stir it all up. Sprinkle with the green onions and you are ready to serve, folks. Ready to serve, and eat, and serve, and eat…and just ready to enjoy the summer time!

Mary
    March 1, 2013 at 4:14 pm

LOVE anything made in a crock pot..but dessert…hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummy is the cobbler cook on low for 2 1/2 hours or on hi???? can not wait to try it…Jamie you are the best!!!!

March 1, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Hi Mary,
      Cook the cobbler on high. :)

March 1, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Oh yes this looks serious good and easy the 2 things I need in my life. Making this really soon :)

Kimm
    March 2, 2013 at 8:55 am

Jamie, This looks delicious and so simple. But all of your recipes are amazing!! I was wondering if I can double this in one crock pot or would I have to cook it in two crock pots? Thanks for letting me know!

March 4, 2013 at 9:26 am

Kimm,
      I haven’t ever tried to double it. Let me know if you try it!

judy
    March 2, 2013 at 4:47 pm

hey is there a difference in vegtable oil and canola oil

March 4, 2013 at 9:25 am

Judy,
      You could use either one for this recipe.

February 7, 2014 at 7:49 pm

Hello! I’m a writer for Ocala Style Magazine and we are isenrteted in using this recipe in an upcoming issue featuring crock pots. Please e-mail me if you think this would be at all possible. Thank you for your consideration!Sincerely,MacKensie

Lee Anne
    March 3, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Made this today and everyone loved it! Have you tried a double or triple batch?

March 4, 2013 at 9:24 am

Lee Anne,
      I haven’t ever tried to double it. My thoughts are that you would need to use a bigger crock pot (maybe a 7 quart) so that the batter can be spread out over a wider area. Let me know if you try to double it. I would love to know if it works out well. Good luck! Glad you enjoyed it.

Peggy Gibbons
    March 3, 2013 at 9:39 pm

I made this today; I happened to have a bag of the berries in the freezer. It was a big hit. My adult son and his girlfriend were here for dinner and my son had two helpings. I had printed the recipe to take into the kitchen and it went home with them. I’ll have to print another copy for myself!

March 8, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Hi Jamie
    You are one of my favourite people on the planet!!! But being Swedish since 1972 ( born Dublin ) hundred years ago! I do not know what a crock pot is – that cobbler looks amazing and I’m wondering if you can use something instead of a crock pot to make this recipe?
    Actually I came on here looking for lentil recipe and ended up here. Will try your bacon lentil one !

Ok Love from me and Sweden.

March 11, 2013 at 7:13 am

Therese,
      How nice to hear from someone so far away! I hope you enjoy the lentil soup. :) A crock pot is the same thing as a slow cooker. Hope that helps clear it up. Good luck!

January 6, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Jamie so nice to hear from you.It may not be of any interest but something urges me to say that you ‘may’ find my website of interest? Its about Galactic Family – our journey towards a new way of living on this planet which may culminate in a positive way very soon with new freedom for everyone. Ok this was just a thought that I followed through on – warm regards Therese Z

pam
    March 11, 2013 at 9:31 am

I know you used frozen berries, did you thaw them first, or just go ahead and add them frozen? I want to make this tonight for FHE. Thanks for sharing.

March 11, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Hi Pam,
      I didn’t thaw them first. I just added them in frozen. Good luck! Hope you enjoy it!

pam
        March 11, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Thanks a bunches!!! That’s what I just did and I’m sure it will be yummy. Thanks.

March 13, 2013 at 5:34 pm

I made this for dessert tonight! I was looking for a cobbler recipe to use my Costco berries in. Thanks!

Lee Anne
    March 31, 2013 at 3:55 pm

I doubled this recipe today in a 7 quart crock pot and it worked great. Everyone loved it. It cooked in 2 1/2 hours. (I used frozen blueberries.)

April 1, 2013 at 6:50 am

Lee Anne,
      Thanks for letting me know! So glad it turned out well, doubled and all. Thanks,

Leanne
    April 27, 2013 at 7:53 am

Can this cook on low by chance to extend the time? I’d love to put it in before church and eat it right after dinner which would be about 5 hours.

April 29, 2013 at 6:37 am

Leanne,
      I haven’t ever tried cooking it on low. Not sure if that would work out or not. Sometimes crock pot desserts can be a little bit tricky, you want to be careful not to over bake it. I left a chocolate crock pot cake cooking while I was at church once, and it was totally burned when I got back. Let me know if you try this recipe and how it turns out. Good luck!

Julia
    July 9, 2013 at 6:31 am

Love it!

Rhonda
    January 1, 2014 at 4:02 pm

Excellent recipe!
    Everyone loved at my New Year’s Day get together.

Elisabeth
    January 21, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Just wanted to let you know howvery mmuch I am enjoying your recipes. I bake for church quite a bit and have used some of your recipes and plan to use a lot more. They are all absolutely FANTASTIC. I have spent more time looking at them than doing anything else. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

Cristin O'Rourke
    February 28, 2014 at 2:50 am

Jamie,
    Thank you for posting your incredible recipes and, just as important, for ackowledging how crazy life can be when you are running a family. I love my full-time job as a mommy, but it ?certainly comes with its own set of unique stressors that I never imagined. At least now dinner is taken care of…:-)