Well hello to all you healthy eaters out there! I hope your week has gone well and you are ready to get some new healthy food ideas today at Jamie Cooks It Up! This recipe for OVEN BAKED FRENCH FRIES is simple and great! My kids think they are fantastic and love to dip them in ketchup or BBQ sauce. They beat the frozen kind you buy in a bag any day of the week. The batch I made yesterday got gobbled up in no time by three hungry boys on a break from a basketball game out in front of my house. Yes, the snow is starting to melt! Keep your fingers crossed…..I just might be regaining my sanity!
Oven Baked French Fries
6-8 large russet potatoes
***any of the following***
Salt and Pepper
Montreal Steak Seasoning
Johnny’s Season Salt
1. Slice the potatoes into sticks. No need to peel them, just leave the skins on.
2. Rinse them off in some water.
3. Lay the cut potatoes on a kitchen towel and dry them off.
4. Put them in a large bowl and drizzle olive oil on top.
5. With a pair of tongs mix the potato slices all around so they all have a chance to get a bit of the olive oil on them.
6. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and place the potatoes on it. I usually use 2 trays so that the potatoes can all lay flat on the sheet.
7. Sprinkle desired seasoning on top. My favorite is this Montreal Steak seasoning. My kids just like salt and pepper, so we usually make some of both.
8. Bake at 415 degrees for about 20 minutes. Stir once, after they have cooked for 10 minutes. Serve immediately!
You might be thinking to yourself. “What is a Boca? And why would it be in a burger?” Now that you have seen this box and know that these burgers are meatless and made of soy you might be saying “Oh….yeah……right……like that is going to be good.” I thought the very same thing when MyHandsomeHusband brought a box home from Costco.
“You have GOT to be kidding me….” I actually said.
Well, my friends. They are actually really good. I won’t lie to you and say they are just like a real meaty, greasy burger. That said….if you let these babies defrost (or nuke them for about 1 minute) , cook them on the grill, or in a fry pan, and load them up with great burger toppings you won’t be disappointed. They are much better for you than a greasy burger and are very filling. I actually know a certain someone (MyHandsomeHusband) who eats one with a can of re-fried beans over the top. I wouldn’t want to assault your beautiful eyes with that kind of photo , but I thought I would throw the idea out there for you. If you are looking for a lot of quick protein, that would do it!
The Pink Lady
This here lovely lady is a keeper. A few years back one of my daughters did an experiment for school. We bought 7 or 8 different kinds of apples and did a taste test on them. Pink Lady was the clear winner. They are delicious….give this girl a try!
Have a Happy Valentines Day everyone! I hope you get a lot of smooching in…..that is what the holiday is for, isn’t it?