I have a lovely little salad recipe for you today.
It’s tangy and sweet.
It has a wonderful crunch, thanks to the nicely toasted pecans and small broccoli pieces you are going to put in it.
Bacon is involved. Ah…bacon, and its magical and flavorful powers. Did you know bacon has magical powers?
It does. It gives such a nice, smokey, savory flavor to everything it touches.
I almost married it once.
This wonderful salad would make a great addition to any backyard BBQ, family get together or ladies luncheon. You could even add a cup or two of rotisserie chicken and call it a main course dinner salad. A lot of possibilities with this one.
Let’s make it then, sound good?
1. Cook up your bacon. I like to line a large cookie sheet with tin foil, cut the bacon slices in half and then lay them all over the sheet. Then I bake the bacon in the oven a 425 degrees until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan onto a clean plate. Dab the bacon with paper towels to remove the grease, then set it aside.
2. Tilt your bacon pan a bit to the side and measure out 2 tablespoons of bacon grease. Place it in a small bowl to use for the dressing.
3. Boil yourself some water and cook half of a package of bowtie pasta noodles. Once the noodles are cooked strain them into your sink and run cold water over them until they cool down.
4. Roughly chop 2 cups of pecans.
Toss them into a large skillet and sprinkle a bit of salt over the top. Toast them over medium high heat until they change color and start to smell nice and fragrant. Should only take 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove the stems from your broccoli and chop it up into small pieces, you need about 3 cups chopped broccoli. Toss it into a large bowl.
6. Add about 3 cups of red grapes and
a 1/4 cup of chopped red onion.
7. Crumble up your bacon and add it to the bowl.
8. Toss in your toasted pecans
and the pasta.
Give everything a nice stir.
8. Into a small mixing bowl, place 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons of bacon grease. Whisk them all together to combine.
9. Pour the dressing over the top of the salad, stir it with a big wooden spoon making sure all of the salad ingredients get coated in the dressing.
Serve and Enjoy!