I know some of you have big beautiful zucchini plants growing in your backyard right now.
Heck, some of you might even have them growing in your front yard, what do I know. 🙂
The truth of the matter is, Zucchini seems to be the easiest vegetable to grow since time began. At least in the time frame of civilization that I can remember. Which is short, to say the least. Maybe zucchini was harder to grow when cave men roamed the planet. What do I know. I think Cave Men might have just eaten big bulky legs of Boer and skipped the zucchini all together.
What in the wide world, do I know!
Not a lot, it seems. Planning to Google Did Cave Men Eat Leg of Boar in the near future…I like to learn something new just as much as any one, thank you.
Something I do know, dear reader is that I love Grilled Zucchini. It goes well with so many things and is so very simple to make. Serve it with Grilled Chicken, place it along side some BBQ Chicken Sandwiches or enjoy it next to the very classy Bavarian Pot Roast of Wonder.
Let me show you how it’s done.
Simple, Fabulous Grilled Zucchini
Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
Recipe idea from Tricia Toponce
1/2 C Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
Salt and Pepper
1. Grab 5 small zucchini. Wash them and cut the tops off.
2. Slice them into three equal strips, lengthwise.
3. Toss them into a gallon sized Ziploc bag.
4. Take some Zesty Italian Dressing…
and pour about 1/2 cup into the bag.
Seal the bag tightly and shake it so all of the zucchini get coated with the dressing.
5. Pre-heat your grill to 400 degrees while the zucchini marinate for 10-15 minutes.
6. Spray the grill with cooking spray, then lay the zucchini out over the grates. Close the lid and allow them to get some nice grill marks on them. Then flip them over to the other side. Watch them carefully, you don’t want the to get black and charred. You are also looking for them to become fork tender, but not too soggy. Depending on your grill, this should only take about 5 minutes per side.
7. Remove them from the grill and into a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Serve and enjoy!