If you are looking for a super easy, healthy, loaded with flavor, amazing tender chicken recipe of wonder…this is it, friends. It seriously couldn’t be easier! We love Mexican food around here and I am always on the look out for new recipes to mix things up. This chicken has a wonderful Mexican flavor with just a hint of lime added at the end. You can serve it in warm tortilla shells for fabulous tacos or you could serve it in a big Cafe Rio style salad with this Cilantro Lime Dressing. Lots of possibilities with this one, gang.
Hope you love it!
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Grab a 4-5 quart crock pot and spray it with cooking spray.
2. Place 4 large chicken breasts (I used frozen, yay for that!) in the crock pot. You’ll need about 2 1/2 pounds.
3. Sprinkle 2 Tb taco seasoning evenly over the chicken.
4. Pour 2 C salsa (I used Pace Mild) over the top.
5. Drizzle 1 Tb of honey over the top of the salsa.
6. Chop 1/3 C of fresh cilantro and sprinkle it over the top.
7. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4.
8. Remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred it with two forks. Remove all but about 1 cup of the liquid from the crock pot. Add the shredded chicken back to the remaining liquid. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime into the crock pot. Give everything a nice stir. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
Serve in warm flour tortilla shells with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and avocado.
Recipe adapted from Belle of the Kitchen