This is the fabulous dressing that goes hand in hand with my Cilantro Lime Rice and Sweet Cafe Rio Pork. This recipe comes from my dear friend Julie. She is one amazing chic! I have only changed the recipe one tiny bit by adding 1 T of sugar. I can’t get enough of the stuff. Sugar and I go way back. Back even farther than Jules and I.
This dressing is tasty. SUPER TASTY, and very easy to prepare. Do not be afraid. You are capable of this fine recipe. I promise it to be a success! If you don’t love it please contact me, I will give you Julie’s number and you can complain to her all you like. (Love you more than sugar, Jules…and that is saying a lot my friend.)
Cilantro Lime Dressing
Yield: 3-4 cups
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
1 C Best Foods Mayonnaise (I use Light, on occasion)
1 C milk
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 clove garlic
1 lime, juiced
pinch red pepper flakes
1 T sugar
Here is your line up. What a bunch of beauties! The green tomato-look-a-like is a tomatillo. The husky thing next to it, is also a tomatillo with the husk still on. Tomatillos can be purchased at any grocery store. They are usually in the refrigerated produce section up on the top shelf.
1. Place your milk, mayo, and ranch packet in a blender.
2. Take the husks off your tomatillos and cut them into quarters.
3. Peel your garlic and chop up your cilanto just a bit. You don’t have to make things too tiny. The blender is going to do most of the work for you.
4. Add the tomatillos, cilantro, and garlic to the blender. Sqeeze your lime juice into the blender as well.
5. Add the sugar and pinch of red pepper flakes. Cover your blender and let the old girl do her work. (That means blend it for about 2 minutes, folks.) Enjoy!