Sweet Potato Hash
If you are looking for a great, fast, side dish of wonder…this is it, my friends! Made from start to finish in under 30 minutes, it’s got a great smokey flavor and is loaded with beautiful color and healthy goodness. You can serve it for breakfast, alongside a runny egg and toast, stuffed in a breakfast burrito, or even with a cheesy omelet. It can round our your dinner menu as well. It goes great with BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, Sweet and Savory Meatballs or even Grilled Chicken.
Hope some of you have a chance to try it!
2 Tb olive oil
3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 seasoned salt
salt and pepper to taste
1 C ham, diced (optional)
1. Heat a large deep skillet up over medium high heat. Add the oil and allow it to heat through.
2. Add the sweet potatoes into the pan. Allow them to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add 2 Tb of hot water to the pan (this will create a bit of steam for you). Cover the pan and continue to cook for 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and stir to combine. Allow everything to cook until the sweet potatoes are soft on the inside and the peppers and onions are crisp tender. Should only take about 10 more minutes.
5. Give it a taste and add more salt and pepper to your liking. Toss in the ham, if you so choose.
Recipe from www.jamiecooksitup.net
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Savory waffle recipe coming up next…;)