Chocolate Cream Slab Pie
I have a fantastic, amazing, super-easy, crowd-pleasing dessert of wonder to share with you all today! Sound like your kind of thing? It is surely mine. This ultra creamy, Chocolate Cream Pie is made sheet pan form, which means you can feed a lot of folks (like…24) without much work at all. I made some for a family dinner a couple of weeks ago and it was gone in a hurry.
Add it to your list of great party food, or make it for Thanksgiving! 😉
PS…Happy Pie Month.
13 Tb butter, melted
2 (5.9 ounce) instant chocolate pudding
6 C half and half
1 (8 ounce) package cool whip, thawed
1 Hershey chocolate bar (regular size, or king size depending on how many curls you want)
1. Put the oreos in a blender. Don't scrape the white middle out 😉 That sugary goodness will blend into the crumbs just fine. Blend the cookies on low speed until they are nice and crumbly.
2. Add the melted butter to the crumbs and mix well with a wooden spoon to combine.
3. Spray a large cookie sheet (mine is 11x17) with cooking spray. Pour the crumb mixture onto the sheet and press it down evenly with the bottom of a measuring cup.
4. Into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl place the pudding mix and half and half. Beat the mixture for 1 minute, then scrape the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat on medium high speed for 3-4 minutes, or until the pudding is nice and thick.
5. Pour the pudding over the top of the crust and spread it out evenly.
6. Spread the cool whip over the top.
7. Grab the chocolate bar. Leave it in the wrapper and hold it between your hands for 20-30 seconds. This will warm it just a bit and allow you to make some pretty curls out of it. Unwrap it and use a potato peeler to shave curls from the side of the bar onto the slab pie.
8. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, and up to 24.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe from www.jamiecooksitup.net
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!