Hey there ladies and gentlemen. I wanted to thank all 800 of you for entering the Ninja Kitchen System 1100 giveaway. I appreciate so many of you taking the time to leave some feedback with your entry comments. I enjoyed reading your suggestions for upcoming recipe posts. Looks like a lot of you are interested in more crock pot recipes, grilling recipes and main course salad recipes this summer. I’m on it, man. I have some great things already in the works. Should be a fun time around here this summer.
The winner of the Ninja Kitchen System 1100 is…firstname.lastname@example.org. Congratulations! I will be contacting you soon.
Today, I have a simple dinner recipe for you. This Orange Sesame Chicken is packed with fabulous flavor that is both tangy and sweet. It can be prepared in 30 minutes or less, lives on the healthy side of recipe street and won’t break your budget. That boils down to…tasty, cheap,easy and waist line friendly. Qualities that never get old in a recipe, wouldn’t you agree?
Orange Sesame Chicken
Time: 30 minutes start to finish…gotta love that.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
4 chicken breasts
1/2 C flour
1/8 t salt
2 T olive oil
1/2 C fresh orange juice (you’ll 2 large oranges)
1/4 C soy sauce
3 T rice vinegar
4 T sugar
1 T orange peel (loosely packed)
1/4 C cold water
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t sesame oil
1/4 t ginger
1 T cornstarch
1 T toasted sesame seeds
1. Pour 1/2 cup flour into a medium sized bowl and sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon of salt into it. Toss it together with a fork to combine.
2. Cut your chicken into large chunks and dip them each into the flour, making sure all sides are coated.
3. Heat a large skillet up over medium high heat. Once the pan is hot, pour 2-3 tablespoons olive oil into the pan.
4. Once the oil has gotten hot, place your chicken into the pan.
Let the chicken get nice and golden brown. Then turn each piece over and let it get golden brown on the other side.
5. While your chicken is getting lovely and golden, zest one orange.
6. Squeeze the juice from 2-3 oranges. You need 1/2 a cup.
7. Pour your orange juice, and 1 tablespoon (loosely packed) orange zest into a small mixing bowl. Add 1/4 C soy sauce, 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, 4 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic, 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 cup cold water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
Stir it all together until the cornstarch has dissolved and everything is mixed well.
8. Once your chicken is golden on both sides pour the heavenly orange sauce over the chicken. Bring the sauce to a simmer, cover and let it cook for 10-15 minutes over medium low heat stirring occasionally.
9. When the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thick and bubbly pour 1 tablespoon sesame seeds over the top of the chicken.
Stir it around to combine and you are good to go. Serve over a bed of white or brown rice.