Strawberry White Chocolate Pie

Strawberry White Chocolate Pie

I’m not sure how I’ve lived the life of a food blogger for 3 1/2 years now and have failed to share this fabulous recipe with you thus far. The very notion that I would keep it to myself is verging on scandalous and sort of rude. Truly. It’s not that I wanted to hoard it for myself or anything like that! I just got busy with life and other pies…

Speaking of life and pies…have any of you seen The Life Of Pi, yet? Not that it has anything to do with my life, or this pie…I was just curious. Hoping to see it soon with my kidlets. Anybody out there giving it two thumbs up? Half a thumb up? One up, one down? What are your thoughts.

Excuse me for not paying attention to the subject at hand. Let’s talk some more about Strawberry White Chocolate Pie, good heavens! Here are some important things for you to consider.

This is my most favorite pie of all time.

I have been making this pie for years and years.

When February hits and strawberries start to become available, I get giddy with thoughts of making this pie.

The want to marry Strawberries and White Chocolate.

I may have served this pie to my family for dinner. (Not WITH dinner, just FOR dinner. Like, as the main course.)

Please do not turn me into the authorities.

Thank you.

Let’s make it, man. You, me and Your Life (and love) of Pie.

IMG_2684_edited-1

Strawberry White Chocolate Pie
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE

Time: 30 min prep + 1 hour refrigeration
Yield: 1 pie
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home

CRUST:
1 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs
5 T butter, melted
dash salt

FILLING:
12 ounces cream cheese, softened (1 1/2 packages)
2 C powdered sugar
1/2 C white chocolate chips
1 1/2 T orange juice (fresh please)
2 C cool whip
dash of salt

TOPPING:
1 pound strawberries, sliced
3 T white chocolate chips

IMG_2663_edited-1

1. Grab some graham crackers (a little more than one package should do it) and toss them into a small food processor (I used my Ninga blender). Grind them into fine crumbs. You need 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs.

IMG_2665_edited-1
2. Pour 5 tablespoons melted butter over the top of the crumbs. Add a dash of salt and blend the butter into the crumbs.

IMG_2666_edited-1

3. Pour the buttery crumbs into a regular sized pie dish.
IMG_2669_edited-1

4. Using a small measuring cup form the crust to the pan, pressing firmly both along the bottom and along the sides.
IMG_2670_edited-1

5. Pour 1/2 cup white chocolate chips into a small bowl. Pop it into the microwave and melt the chips for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each cooking interval. Once the chips have melted, set the bowl aside allowing the chocolate to cool just a bit.
IMG_2671_edited-1

6. Into your stand mixer, or large mixing bowl, place 12 ounces softened cream cheese. Beat the cream cheese until its smooth. Add 2 cups powdered sugar and mix until the two are well combined.
IMG_2672_edited-1

7. Add 2 cups of cool whip,
IMG_2674_edited-1

1 1/2 tablespoons fresh orange juice,

IMG_2676_edited-1
and the melted white chocolate. Add a dash of salt and then mix well, until the ingredients are nicely combined and the mixture is creamy and smooth.
IMG_2678_edited-1

8. Carefully spoon the filling over the crust.
IMG_2680_edited-1

9. Wash and slice 1 pound of strawberries. Then lay them on top of the filling. It works best if you start along the outside edge and work your way in to the middle.
IMG_2681_edited-1

Like this. :)
IMG_2683_edited-1

10. Melt 3 more tablespoons of white chocolate in the microwave. Make sure to only heat them for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each cooking interval.
11. Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the berries.
12. Pop your beautiful pie into the fridge to chill for 1 hour before serving.

Enjoy!
IMG_2687_edited-1

Cindy
    March 20, 2013 at 6:17 am

I would love to be able to pin your recipes. I do follow you on pinterest, but not all recipes are there. Thanks!

March 20, 2013 at 6:32 am

Hi Cindy,
      You are most welcome to pin any of my recipes. Most of them have a pin it button installed, just look under the first picture of each post.
      Thanks,

Robyn
    March 20, 2013 at 7:02 am

Must. Go. Buy. Strawberries! This looks addictingly delicious!

February 8, 2014 at 4:00 am

That’s an expert answer to an inirnestteg question

Sarah
    March 20, 2013 at 8:32 am

Life of Pi-hmmm. I know the book is about cannibalism but I’ve heard the movie is visually stunning. I would watch it before going with the kids. He starts having hallucinations and sees the other passengers of the boat as animals. I was quite surprized when I heard they were making this into a movie. Check it out first, is what I say… Maybe with a slice of this beautiful pie? Cheers.

Ginger
    March 20, 2013 at 11:29 am

OMG you are evil, this pie looks absolutely wonderful. Definitely on my to do list. Life of Pi, the book was awesome. As an animal lover I wasn’t sure I’d like it, but it had me hooked from the very first page. I want to see the movie, but they are never quite as good as the book. You’ll have to share a review once you see it. Keep posting these wonderful recipes.

Rochelle
    March 20, 2013 at 11:31 am

The book Life of Pi is great and the movie is very good. It leaves you with an interesting dilemma at the end to figure out what really happened. Would not advise it for any kids under 12 or so.

Becky Ethington
    March 20, 2013 at 11:45 am

I know I already wrote to you once this week but far be it from me to hold back on praise. I just made your mint brownies and I have to say WOW! Well, okay, I just made the brownie part but it is SPECTACULAR!!! I have always bought brownie mixes because I love their fudginess and crackley top (venturing out a bit on spelling, here) and NO homemade brownie recipe I’ve ever used before does that. Until now. Until YOURS! Kudos my friend–hopefully you don’t mind me calling you friend–you win the prize! I will never have to buy a brownie mix again. Just butter and sugar. But I buy those anyway. In bulk. Every week.
    Thanks and carry on! B.

Karen
    March 20, 2013 at 12:25 pm

The visual effects in the Life of Pi are the best I’ve ever seen! It’s worth going just for that. I think it would be fine to take your sons to, they’d love it. It’s definitely a movie to see on the big screen. About the pie – anyone who gets an invite to your house in the Spring for dinner will have their sights set pretty high now!

March 20, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Love this pie! Strawberries are my favorite!

Natalee
    March 20, 2013 at 1:21 pm

I am dying to see the Life of Pi also. Reading the comments has made it an easy decision to not take my kids with me. This pie looks absolutely incredible and I can’t wait to make it! I ran across, in a previous email update, the stocking up lists you have put together and I want to say THANK YOU for that!!

Kristen
    March 20, 2013 at 2:02 pm

Jaime, looks delish! Can you also us a premade graham cracker crust instead of making your own?? Would it still taste the same?

Amy
    March 20, 2013 at 2:58 pm

Jamie, you make me smile. I love reading your blog – not just for the incredible recipes but for the insights into your life. Makes me appreciate my family and smile at all the things they do – and the things that your family does too. Anyway, this pie is extremely tempting. I was planning on making two frozen pink lemonade pies for Easter (since the last time I took one, it wasn’t enough), but now I’m re-thinking my plans. Maybe I’ll have to add this one as well.

Julie
    March 20, 2013 at 3:24 pm

We liked the Life of Pi lots. It was a gorgeous movie and very thought provoking. I think your whole family would like it. This pie looks gorgeous too. You know how we like us some pie!

triciaw
    March 20, 2013 at 5:46 pm

The pie looks wonderful. I think it will probably make it to my table for Easter. I agree with Rochelle. Life of Pi was a good movie but I wouldn’t let small children watch.

Linda L
    March 20, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Love your blog..the best recipes..loved the book “Life of Pi”..loved the movie..I think you and your family will love it, too.

March 21, 2013 at 6:29 am

Thanks for all of the recommendations guys. :) Appreciate it!

Karen
    March 20, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Now I know what dessert we are having for Easter….YUM!!

Melinda
    March 21, 2013 at 5:06 pm

OMG this looks so amazing! I’m making this for Easter! I love your blog and I make things from you all the time. My husband says if he wasnt married to me he’d marry you LOL He loves your crispy cheddar chicken.

February 8, 2014 at 1:31 am

Amazing post ! It is good to see your post. I lot of great thing to learn. It is only because of you..Great man ! Would love to hear more thigns from your side..:-)

March 26, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Can I use whipped cream in place of cool whip??
    Otherwise it looks amazing.

March 27, 2013 at 6:43 am

Hi Cindy,
      Yes, real whipping cream would be divine. Just be sure you whip it first. :) Good luck!

Michael
    April 2, 2013 at 3:50 pm

So don’t bake the crust at all? I think the is the first time I’ve seen this. (Also, if you have two of the same pie pans, just fill one with the graham cracker/butter mixture and press the other pan into it for and even crust. )

April 4, 2013 at 6:25 am

Michael,
      Nope, you don’t need to bake the crust. Once it sits in the fridge for a bit it will set nicely for you. Good luck!

Chris
    May 19, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Wouldn’t normally think of white chocolate and strawberries. I bet this would be good with milk/dark chocolate too.

Alisha
    July 17, 2013 at 8:25 am

I am so glad you decided to share this recipe! Thankful I found it, too! I made this for my hubby and kiddos yesterday and the compliments were endless. According to my three year old daughter it is “amazing”. :-)

Christine
    August 17, 2013 at 4:37 am

I have pinned practically every recipe I have read from your site. You are awesome and this pie is AWESOME! Made this pie 5x already (Lord help me). Your tutorials are very user friendly. What else can I say…. You are THEBOMB.COM

cathy rose
    August 25, 2013 at 6:05 pm

This is the 3rd time making this new family favorite love love love! Only comment is today I made my own graham crust which made a big difference in the overall taste (better) great recipe!!!! ??????

February 13, 2014 at 1:21 pm

This looks so good! I love easy recipes like this.
    I’m featuring your recipe on my blog today in honor of Valentines Day!

shanell
    March 30, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Would it work the sams if you baked the crust first?

April 1, 2014 at 6:51 am

Shanell,
      If you want to bake the crust, you can. However, it will stay firmly together for you even if you don’t bake it. Good luck!

Bria
    June 2, 2014 at 1:36 pm

I absolutely LOVE this pie- SO AMAZING. But here’s a question- if you make it ahead of time, would you recommend refrigerating it or freezing it? I’m wanting to make this tonight and then serve it tomorrow night. Normally, I’ve made it right before, so I’m just not sure what would be the best.

August 20, 2014 at 12:08 am

My family every time say that I am killing my time here at net,
    however I know I am getting know-how everyday by reading such pleasant posts.

August 22, 2014 at 8:54 pm

WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for chocolate prices

August 22, 2014 at 9:59 pm

Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thanks, However I am
    having problems with your RSS. I don’t know why I am unable to
    join it. Is there anybody else getting similar RSS problems?
    Anyone who knows the solution can you kindly respond?
    Thanx!!