SocialBoost 728×90 ATF

Butter Cream Syrup

Butter Cream Syrup

Have you ever made Butter Cream Syrup?

The recipe I am sharing today has been living in my archives for many years now. I know many of you adore it, dream about and use it for special occasions. I wanted to bring it to the top of the pile today so that those who haven’t had a chance to try it, could gaze at its beauty and ponder a way to work it into your calorie count. 🙂 I am also “re” sharing it today because I used it yesterday in a fabulous (AMAZINGLY FABULOUS!) breakfast recipe, that I will be imparting to you right here, on this very blog tomorrow morning.

Now, for those of you who haven’t tried it. Baby, hold on to your pantyhose. It’s rich, buttery, creamy, silky smooth and absolutely fabulous. It uses basic ingredients that many of us keep on hand. It’s glorious over waffles, french toast, pancakes or crepes. You could even drizzle it over vanilla ice cream…or a nice warm peach cobbler. Lots of possibilities with this one, gang.

Let me show you how easy it is to make!
Butter Cream Syrup

BUTTER CREAM SYRUP

Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 cups
Recipe from the lovely and wonderful Angela Howells

***NOTE: You could easily half this recipe. Also, it will keep for 5-6 days in the refrigerator.

1 C butter (I use salted)
2 C sugar
1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
2 tsp vanilla
dash salt

IMG_3124_edited-1

1. Place 1 cup butter into a sauce pan and melt it over medium high heat. (Melt the butter not the pan, man.)

IMG_3125_edited-1

2. Add 2 cups sugar

IMG_3128_edited-1

and 1 can evaporated milk. (Not sweetened condensed milk, please…though it is wonderful, yes?)

IMG_3131_edited-1

3. Bring it to a boil, while you stir. Let it boil for 3 minutes, stirring while it cooks.

IMG_3132_edited-1

4. Remove the pan from the heat and add 2 teaspoons vanilla and a dash of salt to the pot and stir to combine.
5. Allow it to sit for 3-4 minutes, it will thicken up a bit for you while it sits.

Serve over pancakes, waffles, ice cream. warm peach cobbler…or just spoon it directly into your mouth. I will not tell a single soul. 🙂

Butter Cream Syrup from Jamie Cooks It Up!!

March 19, 2014 at 9:14 am

I bet this would also be good over blondie bars…yummmmm!

April
    March 19, 2014 at 9:33 am

Do you know how long this will keep in the fridge?

March 19, 2014 at 10:02 am

This is my go to syrup recipe! It is absolutely DIVINE! Thanks, Jamie.

Jan
    March 19, 2014 at 10:27 am

This is like pouring my caramel popcorn topping on waffles- YUM!! Great idea for Blondies 🙂

Debbie
    March 19, 2014 at 11:04 am

This sounds amazing! Can it be used as a substitute for sweetened condensed milk, too?

Shauna
    March 19, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Add 1 Tbl spoon of cinnamon for great cinnamon cream syrup.

nancy
    March 20, 2014 at 6:03 pm

This is what we use over hot Apple cake. Oh my gosh!!! Doesn’t get any better!!!

Laura Leseberg
    April 2, 2014 at 12:35 pm

How can you possibly think this syrup would last 5-6 days in the refrig??? It looks way too yummy. I will probably lick the pan.

Vicky
    July 11, 2014 at 6:28 am

Hello! I made this for my sister’s shower the night. Smels amazzzzing! It is in the fridge now and is in a solid kind of form. Do I let it sit out again room temperature to return to liquid form or do you suggest reheating on the stovetop? If you could get back to me as soon as possible I would appreciate it! Thank you so much for the awesome recipes!

July 12, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Vicky,
      So sorry for my slow response. I’ve been at Girls Camp this week with no internet access. We actually made this syrup for breakfast at camp and fed it to 250 teenage girls. They loved it! As for your question, you can just reheat it either on the stove top or in the microwave. Hope it turned out well for you. It’s a real crowd pleaser. 🙂

Sherry
    January 9, 2015 at 12:17 am

I can’t wait to return here for some yummy recipes to dine on! The Butter Cream Syrup got my attention from Pinterest and now I’m hooked! Happy to have found your site. Thanks Jamie

Rebecca C
    March 1, 2015 at 11:30 am

I had some heavy cream that needed to be used up so I used that instead of evaporated milk. It was excellent.

Cassandra
    April 1, 2015 at 10:41 pm

This sounds great! Do you remove it from the heat or turn it down at step 4?

April 2, 2015 at 7:39 am

Cassandra,
      Thanks for your question. Remove it from the heat, just before you add the vanilla and dash of salt.
      All the best,

Mari
    April 17, 2015 at 5:44 am

Hi Jamie,

This looks delicious. How long will this last in the fridge?

April 21, 2015 at 7:37 am

Mari,
      Thanks for your comment, so sorry it has taken me a few days to respond. This one got a little lost in the shuffle.
      The Butter Cream Syrup should last for about a week. Good luck!

July 4, 2015 at 4:59 pm

Wow! I just made this to serve over bread pudding and it was marvelous!!! I’ve had it pinned for a while but finally took time to make it. Thanks for the recipe!

Amanda
    September 13, 2015 at 1:22 pm

This is delicious, I did however want a little thicker so added a tbs. of Cornstarch mixed in a little water and continued to cook.

Gaby
    December 28, 2015 at 10:19 am

This sounds absolutely delicious!! I am definitely going to try, however I have no evaporated milk on hand right now and the kids are still asleep so can’t run to the store. Any suggestions on alternatives??

Erin
    August 26, 2016 at 11:47 pm

This tastes almost exactly like my salted caramels that I make at Christmas!!! Can’t wait to take it to Brunch tomorrow for our waffle bar!

Grandma Honey
    September 12, 2016 at 10:14 am

Do you know if this syrup can be canned/bottled?