Pepperoni Pasta Salad
I have one more salad recipe for you this week. Hippity, hip-hooray! Today it’s all about a great, flavorful pasta salad.
Have you ever made a pasta salad, poured a lot of dressing all over it and then put it into the fridge until you were ready to serve it? Pasta noodles really have a way of soaking up all that dressing in a hurry. The down side is….it doesn’t really soak up the flavor of the dressing. I have found adding a little olive oil and seasonings to the pasta, letting it chill out in the fridge for a bit….and then adding your dressing just before serving makes a flavorless pasta salad jump up and cry out “You better believe it baby! You are going to LOVE me.” Isn’t that just what you want? Pasta Salad with Personality. Everything is better with a little personality, now isn’t it.
1 -16 oz package multicolored pasta
1 small can olives
3 large carrots
1 green pepper
1/2 bunch green onions
2 tomatoes (or 1/2 C sun-dried tomatoes)
3/4 C pepperoni
1/2 C shredded parmesan cheese
2 T olive oil
1 T Johnny's Garlic Seasoning
1 t sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 bottle Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing (I use Light)
1. Boil up your pasta, rinse in cool water and set it aside in a large bowl.
2. Chop up your veggies and the pepperoni.
3. Add all ingredients, but the Zesty Italian Dressing to the pasta and mix well.
4. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
5. Just before serving pour the Zesty Italian Dressing on to taste.
Recipe from www.jamiecooksitup.net