When your children finish up the school year
And start their summer break,
Do you whip up a batch of lovely pancakes
Just to celebrate?
Throw in some happy little chocolate chips…
and slice up a few juicy red strawberries….
Just to make to occasion grand.
Then you just might slice those pancakes up fancy…
Pour a little maple syrup right over the top and serve a gorgeous plate of breakfast to those summer lovin’ kids of yours.
“Why thank you dear sweet mother, what a beautiful breakfast!”
They might even say.
Does your breakfast just look like this?
And does your kitchen look like this?
Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12-15 pancakes
Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens
2 C flour
4 t baking powder
2 T sugar
1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
2 c milk
4 T canola oil
1/2 c mini chocolate chips
1. Toss your flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and baking soda around in a bowl. Mix it all up nicely.
2. Into a separate bowl crack your eggs. Whisk them up with a fork until nice and frothy.
3. Pour in your milk
and your oil.
Use a fork to whisk it all up together.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry…
and use a whisk to mix it all up. There should be a few lumps in the batter still.
5. Add your chocolate chips and stir to incorporate.
6. Using an ice cream scoop or a measuring cup, spoon the batter onto a hot griddle.
7. Flip them over when golden brown and cook on the other side.
Serve with maple syrup and fresh strawberries. A little whip cream would be lovely as well.
Enjoy! Here’s to summer comin’ right around the bend!