Today is National Cookie Day, which is a wonderful day to celebrate in December with all of the fun cookie exchanges and treat giving that is going on this month. To celebrate, I am excited to be sharing a new recipe with you today for Soft Frosted Ginger Spice Cookies. They taste like gingerbread cookies, but with a nice thick layer of frosting and without the hassle of rolling out the dough and cutting it into shapes. If you love rolling out dough and cutting it into shapes, by all means…I hope you will! See my Gingerbread Cookie Recipe HERE. 🙂
In addition to todays recipe I have partnered with a fun group of food bloggers to bring you 29 fabulous cookie recipes. There are some wonderful, beautiful, (DELICIOUS!) cookie recipes to be found in this post, friends. I hope it is useful to you! Scroll to the bottom of the post to access all of the great cookie links. You can also follow along on instagram at #nationalcookieday and #celebratingfood2015.
Let me show you how to make these cookies happen!
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Into your stand mixer place 1 C butter and 1 C sugar. Cream together for 2 minutes, then scrape the bottom of bowl and add 1 egg. Cream for an additional 1 minute.
3. Add 1 C molasses…
and mix to combine.
4. In a separate bowl toss together 1/2 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp ginger, 1 tsp cloves, 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 4 C flour.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix just until combined.
6. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and scoop the dough onto the tray in 1 1/2 inch balls.
7. Bake for 7-8 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies are cracked. Be sure not to over bake. Allow the cookies to finish baking on the hot sheet, then transfer them to a cooking rack.
8. In a medium-sized mixing bowl place 1 C softened butter, 4 C powdered sugar, 1 tsp vanilla and a dash of salt. Beat the mixture until smooth and creamy.
9. When the cookies have cooled completely frost each one.
Serve and enjoy!
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe adapted from Cutler’s Cookies and Sandwich Shop
Don’t those cookies look wonderful! The links are listed directly below…
Chocolate Mint Cookies from Butter with a Side of Bread
Vanilla Bean Butter Cookies from Ashlee Marie
Classic French Macaroons with Homemade Nutella Filling from Tried and Tasty
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Triangles from Real Mom Kitchen
Soft Frosted Ginger Spice Cookies from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Christmas Tree Sugar Cookie Bars from Cupcake Diaries
No Bake Dark Chocolate and Orange Protein Cookies from Healthy Food Happy Life
Rolo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies from Like Mother Like Daughter
Dipped Chocolate Chip Pizzelle Cookies from Summer Scraps
Dipped Brown Sugar Shortbread Cookies from Creations By Kara
A few more from my archives…
White Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies
Almond Butter Sugar Cookies
Soft Frosted Lemon Sugar Cookies
Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies
Christmas Sugar Cookies
White Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Oreo Cookies and Cream Cookies
Eggnog Sugar Cookies
Soft Frosted Banana Bread Cookies
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
Frosted Peanut Butter Cookies
Double Chocolate Mint Cookies
Lemon Cookies with White Chocolate
And a few more from my blogging friends, making a grand total of 29.
Lemon Swig Cookies from Tried and Tasty
Christmas M and M Cookies from Cupcake Diaries
Hot Chocolate Cookies from Butter with a Side of Bread
Brookies from Creations by Kara
Coconut Macaroons from Ashlee Marie
Candy Cane Sugar Cookie Bars from Real Mom Kitchen
Have a great day all! Happy December. 🙂