It has been a full winter season of sickness at my house. How about yours? Coughs, colds, sore throats and stuffy noses have been in grand abundance, of that you can be sure. We are looking so forward to warm weather, blue skies and healthy bodies! 🙂 My Handsome Husband came up with this Soothing Honey Orange Drink that we have made countless times over the past few months. This great drink has been a life saver, especially on those mornings when your throat is so entirely sore you can barely speak. He even keeps a stash of the ingredients at his office to make for himself and coworkers during time of need…have I mentioned how great he is? Let it be known. He is. Super great.
I took these pictures to share with you several weeks ago (and then kind of forgot about them!), however I made the drink again this week as we’ve had another round of sickness at our house. I figured there may be a few of you out there still in the midst of Sick Season (even though the weather is turning beautiful…hooray!), so I decided to go ahead and post the recipe.
I hope some of you will find it useful!
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Into a mug place 1/2 tsp orange crystal light powder and 1/2 tsp apple crystal light powder. (You can change-up the flavors here).
2. Add 1 Cold Remedy Zinc Lozenge…
and one regular cough drop.
3. Add 1 tablet of Airborne.
4. Add a pinch of cloves and cinnamon.
5. Pour 1 cup of hot water over the mixture and stir to combine. It will fizz up a bit, due to the airborne tablet.
6. Add 1 drizzle of honey (about 1/2 tsp).
6. Stir until the cough drop and lozenge have dissolved (will take a couple of minutes).
7. Sip carefully and get feeling better. 🙂
Recipe from My Handsome Husband