Banana Oat Breakfast Cake
I’m find myself constantly on the look out for recipes that make use of brown spotted bananas. I always seem to have a few sitting on my counter and throwing them away just goes against my grain! This wonderful Banana Oat Breakfast Cake is the latest “brown-spotted-banana recipe” that has graced my kitchen and man, is it good. It has an amazing crumbly coconut topping that is out of this world. Crumbly toppings are my kind of thing…toss some coconut into the mix and I’m a gonner, truly. The cake is slightly dense, while remaining incredibly moist at the same time. It’s a great one, gang. Hope some of you get a chance to try it! It makes a great breakfast or yummy snack.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to see a few more of my favorite banana recipes. 🙂 Have a great day!
1/2 C butter, softened
2/3 C brown sugar
1 C mashed banana
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/3 C rolled oats (I used old fashioned)
3/4 C flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 C milk chocolate chips
2/3 C rolled oats
2/3 C sweetened coconut flakes
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 C brown sugar
1/4 C melted butter
2 Tb chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Into your stand mixer place the butter and sugar. Cream together until fluffy (should only take 1-2 minutes). Add the eggs and beat for an additional minute. Add the mashed banana and vanilla and mix until combined.
3. Into a separate bowl combine the oats, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Add to the creamed mixture and mix just until combined.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Spray a 9x9 pan with cooking spray and spread the batter out evenly into it.
6. To make the (heavenly and crumbly!) topping, place all ingredients (but the chocolate chips) into a medium sized mixing bowl and stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips and sprinkle it all over the top of the cake batter.
7. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Recipe from www.jamiecooksitup.net
Recipe from Chocolate Recipes
Looking for more great ways to use up those spotted bananas? Here are a few of my favorites…
Chocolate Banana Muffins
Soft Frosted Banana Bread Cookies
Glazed Banana Bars