I have a fantastic new recipe to share with you all today, dear reader. These Turkey Bacon Sliders are made with King Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, which are only slightly sweet, super soft and the perfect size for slider type sandwiches. They can be assembled in around 10 minutes and are then heated in the oven melting the cheese and rendering the rolls warm and slightly chewy. Also, they are loaded with bacon and cheese. A good thing, yes? They would make a perfect addition to your super bowl line up, will feed hungry teenagers in no time flat, could provide a quick and easy dinner or lunch and are sure to award you smiles all around.
Hope some of you get a chance to try them!
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grab a (16 ounce) package of King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (there should be 16 rolls).
3. Without separating the rolls, take a sharp serrated knife and cut them in half.
Like this. Cutting them this way really speeds up the assembly process. 😉
4. Mix 1/2 C mayonnaise and 2 Tb Sweet Hot Mustard (or Honey Mustard if you want to leave the “hot” out).
Spread the mayo mixture along the inside of both the top and bottom halves of the rolls.
5. Layer 8 slices of cheese over the sauce…
…and sprinkle 1/2 C of crumbled bacon over the top.
6. Layer the turkey evenly over the bacon.
7. Carefully place the top half of the rolls back over the bottom half.
8. Spray a deep 9×9 inch pan with cooking spray and carefully place the sliders into it.
9. Melt 1 Tb of butter and mix with 1/8 tsp dried parsley. Brush it evenly over the rolls.
10. Cover tightly with tin foil and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the rolls are nice and toasty.
11. Use a serrated knife to cut the rolls apart.
Brush more butter over the tops if you so choose…
Serve warm from the oven!
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!