Hello there everyone and welcome to a post featuring my families latest favorite meal. You will be happy to know that it’s nice and healthy, super easy, FAST and wonderful. This tender shredded beef cooks for under an hour in the instant pot (plus the time it takes for the pot to heat up and for the pressure to naturally release). My family absolutely loves it served with rice and roasted broccoli. I like to eat mine plain, but for the kids…we pull out the ever convenient bottle of Yoshidas Sauce and they drizzle that over the top. If you want to make your own Homemade Teriyaki Sauce you could do that as well. See the recipe by clicking HERE. It’s also fabulous served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, if you are a meat and potatoes kind of gal or guy. To make gravy for this beef, simply remove the beef from the instant pot, mix a bit of cornstarch with cold water, turn the setting to saute and when the drippings come to a boil add the cornstarch. Stir continuously for a few minutes and it will thicken into a nice gravy for you. We also have used the leftover beef to make these wonderful 10 Minute Breakfast Sandwiches. Lots of possibilities with this wonderful beef, my friends. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Let’s make it!
1. Grab a 2-3 pound beef roast. Coat it generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Set your Instant Pot to sautee.
3. Spray the inside of the pan with cooking spray and place the roast inside. Allow it to sear on one side, then the other.
4. While your meat is searing combine the sauce ingredients in a glass measuring cup.
Once the meat is browned on both sides pour the sauce over the top…
5. Manually set the pressure to high, close the lid tightly making sure the pressure valve is closed and allow it to cook for 40-60 minutes. I have found that you only need 15 minutes cooking time, per pound. Plus the time it takes for the instant pot to naturally release. So for a 2 1/2 pound roast I let it cook for 50 minutes.
6. When the pot beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally (should take about 25 minutes), then open the lid, shred the beef and enjoy!
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Looking for more fast and healthy meals? Give these a try…