Hello, I trust everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Hope all your cooking went well, and there weren’t too many kitchen catastrophes. It seems there are often a few glitches now and then! I for one, made 1 wonderful pecan pie, and one pecan pie that turned into a soupy mess. A post to come soon with those details!
I thought everyone might be able to use a EASY, QUICK recipe that is fabulously delicious. Every time I make this my family gobbles it up in one sitting. It only takes about 10 minutes to mix up and 35 minutes to bake. The recipe makes 12 nice sized pieces. I received the recipe form my sweet friend Julie….she is the collector of some super yummy recipes. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Time: 10 min. prep + 35 minutes cooking
Yield: 12 slices
Recipe from the lovely Julie Thomson
1 C flour
1 C cornmeal
3/4 C sugar
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 C buttermilk (I add about 1 t vinegar into regular milk as a buttermilk substitute)
1/2 C oil
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Whisk the eggs up until frothy and add the oil and milk.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix. Just mix with a wooden spoon here….you don’t need to mix the heck out of it, just until it’s combined.
4. Pour the batter into a 9×9 pan, or a 9 inch pie dish…be sure it’s the deep dish kind.
5. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Enjoy!