Oreo Bon Bons
These bon bons are fabulous and VERY….did you get that, VVVEEERRRYYY easy. They can be prepared way ahead of time, and then kept in the fridge or freezer, until you are ready to serve them up or send them out on a great treat plate to your neighbors. They taste fabulous! These bon bons are worth adding to your recipe stash.
Oreo Bon Bons
Time: 30 minutes hands on + 2 hours freezing time
Yield: about 56 bon bons
Recipe from Ember Storrs
1 package Oreo cookies
1 8 oz package cream cheese (doesn’t need to be softened)
1 1/2 bags white chocolate chips (I like Hershey’s best)
1/2 C milk chocolate chips
1. Put the oreos and cream cheese into a medium sized mixing bowl(or Kitchen Aid) and mix until the everything is combined well. It should form a sticky pasty dough.
2. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
3. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
4. In a glass measuring cup melt the white chocolate for 30 seconds at a time in the microwave. Stir after each cooking interval.
5. When the white chocolate is almost melted add 1 t shortening and stir.
6. Dip each frozen bon bon in the white chocolate. Stir it around with a fork. Lift the bon bon out and let the excess chocolate drip off of it.
7. Place the bon bon on wax paper to set up. These set up really quickly because the dough is frozen.
8. Melt the milk chocolate the same way the white chocolate was melted…only 30 seconds at a time. Add 1/4 t shortening and stir.
9. Drizzle the milk chocolate over the bon bons with a spoon.
10. Allow time for the chocolate to set up. Enjoy!