ps_menu_class_0
ps_menu_class_1
ps_menu_class_2

Oreo Bon Bons

These bon bons are fabulous and VERY….did you get that, VVVEEERRRYYY easy. They can be prepared way ahead of time, and then kept in the fridge or freezer, until you are ready to serve them up or send them out on a great treat plate to your neighbors. They taste fabulous! These bon bons are worth adding to your recipe stash.
Oreo Bon Bons
Time: 30 minutes hands on + 2 hours freezing time
Yield: about 56 bon bons
Recipe from Ember Storrs
1 package Oreo cookies
1 8 oz package cream cheese (doesn’t need to be softened)
1 1/2 bags white chocolate chips (I like Hershey’s best)
1/2 C milk chocolate chips
shortening

1. Put the oreos and cream cheese into a medium sized mixing bowl(or Kitchen Aid) and mix until the everything is combined well. It should form a sticky pasty dough.

2. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
3. Freeze for at least 1 hour.

4. In a glass measuring cup melt the white chocolate for 30 seconds at a time in the microwave. Stir after each cooking interval.
5. When the white chocolate is almost melted add 1 t shortening and stir.
6. Dip each frozen bon bon in the white chocolate. Stir it around with a fork. Lift the bon bon out and let the excess chocolate drip off of it.
7. Place the bon bon on wax paper to set up. These set up really quickly because the dough is frozen.

8. Melt the milk chocolate the same way the white chocolate was melted…only 30 seconds at a time. Add 1/4 t shortening and stir.

9. Drizzle the milk chocolate over the bon bons with a spoon.

10. Allow time for the chocolate to set up. Enjoy!

Melting Chocolate In A Microwave Oven on Foodista

1. Coniqua says:

Happy Saturday Sharefest. I just started following your blog. I actually made these for a potluck a week ago and they were a hit. I didn't use white chocolate though I used a milk dipping chocolate that I could just melt in it's own carton in the microwave, and I rolled them in crushed pecans and toffee bits that I had left from my Thanksgiving desserts recipes

2. WOW, these look AMAZING!! I am such a choc-o-holic sweet lover and can't wait to try this recipe (I recently started a baking blog to go with my regular blog so you'll have to check out some of my sweets recipes!!) Have an amazing weekend.

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

3. Oh yum! I have been wanting to give these a try – I'll have to add them to my holiday baking list. Yours look so pretty :)

4. Suz says:

I just made these and I was a little worried at the beginning. When I dipped them in the chocolate, they looked really messy and sloppy, but once i drizzled on the chocolate, it looked a lot better! I dipped them in milk chocolate and drizzled them with Giradelli White chocolate. Overall, a great recipe! They taste amazing!

5. Anonymous says:

the best chololate to use would have to be almond bark … i would choose to use the white natural (almond bark) to dip them into and then sprinkle brown chocolate on it … but not to much because they are verryyyyyy sweet and if you eat to many you could get a bad tummy ache… my daughter did it last night

6. ckiers says:

Oreo balls are in the freezer now. I'm so excited. My 3 1/2 year old helped me make them. Anxious for 11a so I can dip them in the white chocolate…mmmmmmmm
    A co-worker made them yesterday and I swear It was like heaven in my mouth.

7. stephanie says:

Once these are made, do they have to be refrigerated or froze? I would like to make something that doesnt need to be either

1. Jamie says:

Stephanie,
      I would suggest keeping them in the fridge until you are ready to serve. They get kind of soft, and if kept in a warmer climate the chocolate will melt. Good luck!

8. Kate says:

Whenever I try to melt white chocolate it always seizes on me. I’ve tried the double boiler system & the 30sec increments in the microwave. I’ve tried white chocolate chips and baker’s chocolate squares. I have no problems trying to melt semi-sweet chocolate only white. Do you have any suggestions on what I’m doing wrong?

9. Amy says:

They look very yummy Bon bons I might to do it at Christmas time so I would like to know how many cups or tsp’s or tbs of shorting let me know soon please and thank you

1. Jamie says:

Amy,
      Half of a teaspoon should do just fine. Best of luck! :)