Rumbi’s Mango Chicken Salad

Rumbi’s Mango Chicken Salad

I can NOT say enough wonderful things about this salad. It was created to taste like one of the Rumbi Island Grill salads. Shandra who created My Food Storage Deals and Deals to Meals is the brains behind this beauty. She has a real knack for making fabulous knock off recipes. Her sister is a friend of mine who has shared many of her recipes with me. I am NEVER disappointed when I try any of them. We eat this salad over hot brown rice. Sounds a little different, I know but it is GREAT. Even when the chicken and other fixing’s are all eaten up my girls will eat the left over rice and sauce over chips, the next day. It is a real treat. I hope you give it a try!
Rumbi’s Mango Chicken Salad
 Time: 40 minutes
Salad:
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
3 tomatoes, diced
2 mangos, or 2 cans mandarin oranges
1/2 C feta cheese
1 T sesame seeds
1 bag tortilla chips
5 chicken breasts (cooked and seasoned with lemon pepper and salt)
Brown Rice, cooked and kept warm
Dressing:
1/4 C Dijon Mustard
2 T lime juice
1 t chili powder
3/4 C Mayo (I always use Best Foods LIGHT)
1/2 C white sugar
1/4 C soy sauce
1/2 C white vinegar
2 T minced garlic
2 T ginger powder
1. To make the dressing place all ingredients in a jar and shake. Or, if you have a small food processor, put all ingredients in and mix well. You could also use a blender.
2. When serving, set out all of the ingredients and let each person layer his or her own. Top with chips and dressing and serve immediately.

January 18, 2010 at 5:33 pm

Hey, could you please post how to make the watermelon bouquet that is pictured in your header? Thanks

January 18, 2010 at 7:21 pm

YUM!! I just made this two days ago. It is by far one of my favorite salads. Thanks for posting about it (I don't think I have before..oops!) This recipe needs to be shared with everyone it so SO yummy!

January 19, 2010 at 12:55 am

it looks wonderful.
    can't wait to learn more wonderful things from you tomorrow;)

February 8, 2010 at 9:31 pm

This looks yummy and healthy, Jamie. I think I'll try it tonight!

February 11, 2010 at 2:03 am

Yum, yum, yum! Even my kids loved it! Thanks, Jamie.

July 1, 2010 at 9:36 am

This looks so delish! I posted a link: http://ificould-ificould.blogspot.com/2010/07/mango-chicken-salad.html

Thanks!

Karin
    October 2, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Made this last night with a little adjustment using the ingredients I had in the fridge…and grilled my chicken with a little butter, fresh lime juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Dressing was delish! Served it with your Fabulous French Bread (which is truly fabulous) instead of rice! Dinner was a great success! Thanks!!!!!