Hello everyone! It is time for another Slim Down Saturday Post. Might I just say that I am grateful to be doing these skinny posts. It’s great to have a reason to make healthy things. Ok, alright…..I should be making healthy things all the time. I just can’t get over my need to bake up some sinfully delightful dishes as well.
I have a great recipe for you today. This quiche is crust-less and very flavorful, despite the lack of a buttery crust. I smells wonderful baking away in the oven. I even used 1% milk instead of cream. The result is very good and filling! It would go well with a slice of Whole Wheat toast. Read on for the recipe and other healthy food choices that I enjoy.
Yield: 1 quiche
2 C milk (I used 1%)
1/4 C green onion
1/2 C chopped ham
1/4 C chopped green or red bell pepper
2 T pimentos
1/2 C shredded Swiss Cheese
1/4 t salt
1/4 t cracked pepper
1/8 t cayenne pepper
1. In a medium sized bowl combine the milk, eggs, salt, cracked pepper, and cayenne pepper. Whisk until well combined.
2. Spray a pie plate with cooking spray. Layer the green onion, ham, bell peppers, pimentos and Swiss Cheese along the bottom of the pie plate.
3. Pour the egg mixture over the top.
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
5. Turn the oven down to 300 and bake for another 45 minutes.
6. Let it sit for about 5 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!
Cottage Cheese and Cantaloupe
If you are not a fan of cottage cheese, please avert your eyes. I don’t want any one gagging while reading my blog. That would not be polite or acceptable. If you are a cottage cheese fan, and you have never tried it with a lovely bunch of cantaloupe slices….you must! Wonderfully refreshing!
Quaker Rice Snacks
Now before you get all gaggy on me again, bear with me a bit here folks. These are not your mamas rice cakes. Quaker has come up with these bite sized beauties. They come in many flavors including Carmel Corn (my favorite), Chocolate, Apple Spice, Kettle Corn…the list goes on. They are a great snack! You won’t be sorry if you give them a go.
Have a great weekend! See you back here next week for some more great recipes. I’ve got a lot of fabulous things coming your way….and yes, some of them sinfully delicious. Can you blame me? This is a food blog after all!