Cilantro Dressing

Cilantro Dressing

This is  the fabulous dressing that goes hand in hand with my Cilantro Lime Rice and Sweet Cafe Rio Pork. This recipe comes from my dear friend Julie. She is one amazing chic! I have only changed the recipe one tiny bit by adding 1 T of sugar. I can’t get enough of the stuff. Sugar and I go way back. Back even farther than Jules and I.
This dressing is tasty. SUPER TASTY, and very easy to prepare. Do not be afraid. You are capable of this fine recipe. I promise it to be a success! If you don’t love it please contact me, I will give you Julie’s number and you can complain to her all you like. (Love you more than sugar, Jules…and that is saying a lot my friend.)
Cilantro Lime Dressing
Yield: 3-4 cups
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
1 C Best Foods Mayonnaise (I use Light, on occasion)
1 C milk
2 tomatillos
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 clove garlic
1 lime, juiced
pinch red pepper flakes
1 T sugar
 Here is your line up. What a bunch of beauties! The green tomato-look-a-like is a tomatillo. The husky thing next to it, is also a tomatillo with the husk still on. Tomatillos can be purchased at any grocery store. They are usually in the refrigerated produce section up on the top shelf.
1. Place your milk, mayo, and ranch packet in a blender.
2. Take the husks off your tomatillos and cut them into quarters.
3. Peel your garlic and chop up your cilanto just a bit. You don’t have to make things too tiny. The blender is going to do most of the work for you.
4. Add the tomatillos, cilantro, and garlic to the blender. Sqeeze your lime juice into the blender as well.
5. Add the sugar and pinch of red pepper flakes. Cover your blender and let the old girl do her work. (That means blend it for about 2 minutes, folks.) Enjoy!

March 11, 2010 at 12:21 pm

Yummy I love cilantro. I never thought of adding it for a dressing. I recentely fell in love with pesto so now i am going to try this recipe.

March 12, 2010 at 12:56 am

oh yum. I LOVE cilantro and this looks so yummy. Do you use it for salads or over meat?

March 12, 2010 at 3:02 am

I don't like most dressings, but I do like this one:)

March 13, 2010 at 6:51 pm

I made this last night along with your cafe rio pork and rice recipes. So yummy! We are having the leftovers tonight. As my hubby said, “It is a keeper” of a meal!

March 14, 2010 at 3:33 am

Barb,
    I am so glad you tried them! I have had a couple other gals tell me they made the whole meal this week. You go girls!
    Have a great night!

April 3, 2012 at 7:18 pm

Hello,
    I'm lactose intolerant, can soy milk be used instead of the milk? I love everything “Cilantro!”
    Thank you for your time.
    Bes-Yvonne

May 4, 2012 at 2:44 am

you can always sub soymilk for regular milk. Make sure it's plain though

April 4, 2012 at 3:34 am

Do you think I could replace the mayo with plain yogurt?

April 13, 2012 at 12:54 am

Looks delicious, though I'll have to find a mayo substitute. So, what do you usually serve this on? Salad? Chicken? Tacos?

May 10, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Hi Jamie! I just wanted to stop by to say hello and that this dressing looks delicious! I actually included it in my Cinco De Mayo Round-Up last week :)
    ~Katie

July 27, 2013 at 7:06 am

I like the helpful information you provide in your articles.

I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I am quite sure I’ll learn many new stuff right here!
    Best of luck for the next!