Hello to you all! Welcome to Spring Shower Post #1. This week I am posting a recipe each day, that would be fabulous for any kind of wedding shower, baby shower, or spring holiday get together. This slush recipe has been part of our family for years. Years and years. I really can’t remember a time in my life that I didn’t know about it and love it. The recipe comes from my wonderful, kind Mother. My Mom is the sort of gal that is kind to the bone. To the bone. She has spent a lot of years hosting showers for relatives and friends alike. This fine slush has been present at all but a few. You won’t be disappointed with it. It’s very easy to put together and can be made several days in advance, another bonus!
Thanks for this great recipe, Mom.
You are one in a million.
Yield: 10-15 servings
1 can frozen limeade
2 C sugar
8 C water
2-3 drops green food coloring
1 -2 liter Sprite
1 lime sliced thin
1. Mix the limeade, sugar, water and food coloring together in a large bowl that can be covered tightly with a lid.
2. When all of the ingredients are incorporated, cover your bowl tightly and put it in the freezer. You need to let it freeze at least overnight.
3. On the day of your party, take the bowl out of the freezer about 30 minutes before you want to serve the slush.
4. Take a butter knife and break the frozen slush up in the bowl you froze it in. When it’s all broken up pour it into a punch bowl.
5. Pour the Sprite over the top of the slush and add the sliced limes. Enjoy!
A photo of dear friends, celebrating an upcoming wedding. It was a wonderful day filled with fabulous women and scrumptious food. There is something magical about spending time with gals who care about each other.
…Gals who love your kids, and want the best for you and your family.
…..Gals who are willing to hear to you complain, and just listen without casting judgement.
…..Gals who are willing to pick your kids up from school when you are running late.
….Gals who are willing to love you even when you drop a couple of choice words while teaching your church lesson.
…..Gals who bring you dinner when you are sick.
….Gals who lend you their library copy of the hottest new book.
….Gals you know have your back, regardless.
It gives a girl a lot of added strength, just being able to rub shoulders with fine women like these. These gals (and many others who were not present for this picture…you know who you are) are seriously one of the highlights of my life. Love them, every one.