Parmeson Chicken w/ Spaghetti Sauce

Parmeson Chicken w/ Spaghetti Sauce

I have a very SIMPLE meal idea for you on this Friday morning. I am in the mood for simple.  This past couple of weeks I’ve been 10 different shades of frazzled. Yes. 10 different shades. Does that ever happen to you? We’ve had a lot of family events, a vacation, a holiday, baptism, birthday, a little (very little) ditty on the news….
You see the 10 shades right before your eyes don’t you! Someone told me once that when your are raising kids you live your life in different degrees of frazzled.
Amen.
I’m happy to report that after a day or so spent in my pjs folding 10 years worth of laundry and reading 5 piles of story books to my twin boys….my “frazzled” level has been reduced  to a happy .5!
Thank. Good. Ness.
This chicken recipe only has THREE INGREDIENTS! What can be more simple than that! Throw your chicken in to bake, boil up some pasta, crack open a jar of spaghetti sauce and you’ll be sitting pretty my friends.
Pretty as a picture.
Parmesan Chicken with Spaghetti Sauce
Time: 40 minutes
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
6 Chicken Breasts
2 1/2 C shredded Parmesan Cheese (for the best deal I get mine at Costco)
2 C Progresso Italian Bread Crumbs (I also buy this in bulk at Costco)
Penne Pasta
1 jar Spaghetti Sauce
1. Place your chicken breasts in a large gallon sized Ziploc bag. Pound the chicken flat with a meat mallet. If you don’t have a meat mallet, never fear. Just use the end of any can from your pantry and you are good to go.
. Cut the chicken into strips with a pair of kitchen scissors. No kitchen scissors? Round some up, guys and gals…you’ll never scoff at a chicken recipe again. Your pair of kitchen scissors will save you a lot of time.
3. Roll your chicken strips around in the parmesan cheese, then in the bread crumbs. Then put them in a sprayed 9 x 13 pan. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Take the foil off and bake for 10 more minutes.
4. Cook your pasta according to the package directions, heat up your sauce and you are ready to rumble.

April 16, 2010 at 3:02 pm

This is one of my favorite recipes too. there always is a recipe which never lets u down and rescues u , well! for me this is it and I love it :-)

April 17, 2010 at 3:33 am

Hi Jamie! I'm so glad you linked this yummy recipe to my new Linky! Have a great weekend!

April 18, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Oh wow! Emily's B-day cake turned out so beautiful! I'd love to learn to do that! How is it you were blessed with so many talents? Your piano piece was beautiful on Saturday, I meant to tell you. Love you, Carrie

April 28, 2010 at 11:54 pm

That sound you hear is my tummy growling. :)

I know what I'm making for dinner tomorrow!

April 30, 2010 at 2:27 am

I just wanted to let you know that I DID make this for dinner tonight and it was WONDERFUL! It will definitely be made again (and again!).

June 6, 2010 at 10:02 am

We tried this last night and it was a hit! Easy and tasty- you can't go wrong with that! Thanks for sharing!
    TJ

Jeanne
    October 25, 2010 at 1:17 pm

I made this meal this weekend and my family loved it. My daughter never asks for more chicken, but she sure did this time… she wanted me to make it again the next night. My husband and I both loved it, too. Thank you! I found your blog last week and have quite a few other recipes I want to try.

February 7, 2014 at 10:24 pm

All of these articles have saved me a lot of hehacades.

September 27, 2011 at 11:29 pm

what spaghetti sauce do you recommend?

October 3, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Hi Anonymous,
    We can our own homemade Spaghetti Sauce, so I generally use that. However…when I'm out of the homemade variety I like to use Prego.
    Good luck!

Amanda
    January 28, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Hi Jamie! Just wanted to thank you so much for your awesome website. Made your parm chicken tonight! Delicious! The hubs raved about it. Also made your cinnamon rolls yesterday and yeast rolls Saturday! Yeast rolls were great. My cinna rolls were a little hard. I think may need a different bread hook for kitchen aid and I should have let them rise longer. Planning to try them again this week. Anyhow, thanks so much. Love your site, recipes, and pics. U r the Best!