Chocolate Candy Bar Cake

Chocolate Candy Bar Cake

Oh sweet mystery of life.
You are going to love this delectable dessert.
You are going to love that it is EASY-PEASY to prepare.
I recently made a big fancy-pancy-time-consuming-
layered-chocolate-toffee cake and guess what….
it wasn’t nearly as good as this simple dessert!
Don’t you love it when simple turns into
“holy cats, I need another bite of that dreamy cake this minute!”
I told you…
it’s a sweet mystery of life.
Chocolate Candy Bar Cake
Time: 45 minutes + time to cool completely
Recipe from Rachel Eskelson
1 Devils Food Cake Mix + ingredients to make cake
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
2  -12 oz. packages skor or heath bits
1  -8 oz container cool whip
1. Bake your cake.
If I’d a know you were comin I’d a baked a cake..
baked a cake…
baked a cake…
2. When it comes out of the oven use the handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
3. Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk into the holes. Then drizzle the caramel ice cream topping into the holes….oh sweet mystery of life meets….baked a cake, baked a cake.
4. Pour 1 1/2 bags of toffee over the top of the cake.
5. Let the cake cool completely. Spread the cool whip over the cooled cake, really cool like, cuz that’s what you are. Really cool like.
6. Pour the rest of the toffe pieces onto the cool whip.
7. Refrigerate leftovers. That’s funny, isn’t it. Like there will be any!

May 29, 2010 at 8:36 pm

This is the best cake ever and the best name I've ever heard it called. Thanks for giving me a 'G' rated name.

May 29, 2010 at 9:09 pm

Can you make this with a homemade cake? I'm going to try this out with my go-to chocolate recipe. It looks great!

Jeanne
    May 29, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Sounds Delish

May 29, 2010 at 11:20 pm

You've done it again! This looks mighty tasty… and love that it can be thrown together in a jiffy!

xxMK
    Delightful Bitefuls

May 30, 2010 at 4:57 am

Oh my gosh! This looks so yummy. I'm almost tempted to start baking one right now, but I think I can wait until tomorrow. Thanks for sharing the recipe, can't wait to try it. :)

May 30, 2010 at 5:12 pm

Jamie that cake looks just to die for. THe perfect summer desserts.

May 31, 2010 at 1:01 am

My mother in law makes this cake and I have to agree with ya- it's delicious!

May 31, 2010 at 1:33 am

YUM-O dessert! I have had this one many of times and it is a big hit every time! :)

February 8, 2014 at 7:04 am

.edu links are generally a lot more efviftece authority backlinks to your site.These one way links usually are highly searched by lots of online marketers all over the world because it’s getting a lot more recognition and power compared to other typical backlinks.Edu domain names are considered extremely by search engines and inbound links coming from .edu internet domain names are usually many times much more beneficial than typical types.But precisely what about Edu’s? No person can acquire edu domains except of academic establishments. And that’s the reason why they have the biggest trust from Yahoo.Google thinks that EDU website can never link back to a web site using low-informational content or even content this is not worth Google’s interest. Maybe someone will certainly declare that any person will be able to get edu inbound links simply by signing up edu website, but that is certainly incorrect. Due to the fact no one can buy edu site apart from of educational facilities.To confirm you may easily try and sign-up edu url. Get edu links from http://www.buy-edu-backlinks.info at low price ranges.

May 31, 2010 at 1:38 am

My friend told me about this recipe and I have made this once for my daughter's birthday. It is really delicious!

May 31, 2010 at 10:59 pm

I love this cake!! It is good with Mexican food! Love your blog!

May 31, 2010 at 11:49 pm

It looks delish & there is nothing wrong with easy:)

June 1, 2010 at 3:16 pm

This looks awesome! I've had something similar before, so I'm excited to have a recipe!! Thanks for sharing.

Thought I left you a comment earlier, but I don't see it… oops… just wanted to let you know we gave you an award over on our blog: http://ificould-ificould.blogspot.com/2010/05/wow-award.html

June 1, 2010 at 4:41 pm

Yum! I have made this in the past, but it went by an “R” rated name ;O)

June 1, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Memoria,
    You could most certainly use a homemade cake. In fact, I'm going to brouse your site to look for your recipe. I have looked and looked for one I like and have never come up with something I would make agian.
    Thanks!

June 3, 2010 at 2:00 am

This has been my go-to dessert for family functions and the like, for years. Love it! When I got the recipe, I was told it was “Death by Chocolate” cake. I think your name's a better fit, though. ^_^

June 26, 2010 at 1:31 pm

This is the best cake ever and the best name I've ever heard it called. thanx for the recipe.

July 1, 2010 at 7:20 pm

I have looked and looked for one I like and have never come up with something I would make agian. thanx for posting.

July 3, 2010 at 6:16 pm

I have made this once for my daughter's birthday. It is really delicious! thanx for sharing with us.

July 6, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Well, I have looked and looked for one I like and have never come up with something I would make again. thanx.

July 7, 2010 at 8:22 am

I'm going to try this out with my go-to chocolate recipe. It looks great! thanx for sharing.

July 8, 2010 at 8:40 am

I don't want to ruin my diet, but i can't really help it. I made my self one of this goodies and its really good.Thank you for blog post Jamie

July 8, 2010 at 4:02 pm

Well, I'm going to brouse your site to look for your recipe. I have looked and looked for one I like and have never come up with something I would make again. thanx for the post.

July 9, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Yummy, I'm going to try this out with my go-to chocolate recipe. It looks great! keep it up.

July 11, 2010 at 4:37 pm

Ohh i am addicted to chocolates… I do really love to try this one, I can't wait. Thanks for the share!

July 13, 2010 at 8:00 pm

I make this for a family cookout. It was great. Everyone loved it. I used hersheys special dark chocolate bars and it was perfect. You would think that this cake would be very rich, or too sweet but it is not. It is perfect in my opinion. Thanks for posting it.

July 15, 2010 at 6:48 pm

I need a really good chocolate cake recipe, and I plan to top it with a snickers bar or something. It has to be amazing, its for a familys birthday and i really want them to LOVE it!

July 20, 2010 at 4:06 am

Wow, I made my self one of this goodies and its really good.Thank you for blog post, keep it up.

July 24, 2010 at 11:20 am

Well, I like and have never come up with something I would make again. thanx for all this.

August 1, 2010 at 10:18 am

I made this for a friends B day and he said it was one of the best cakes he's ever eaten. I didn't get to try it, but I plan on making again.

August 12, 2010 at 12:34 pm

The cake is good. The frosting taste like marshmellow creme. I don't llike marshmellow creme.

October 19, 2010 at 8:38 am

I used yellow cake mix , instead of chocolate ( all i had ), then added poppy seeds & coconut to the frosting. very yummmy

October 19, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Sadie,
    Coconut and poppy seeds in the frosting! YUM! I'm going to try that next time.

January 26, 2011 at 5:02 am

are you supposed to mix the caramel and milk together and then pour over cake?

February 1, 2011 at 3:22 am

Anonymous,
    You don't have to mix them together first. Just pour them on one at a time. Good luck!

March 7, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Hi Jamie,
    I found your blog through Our Best Bites. I love them and I really love your site already just since I started following you. My hubby and I love their guiltless alfredo so that's our favorite meal right now. I recently made 2 gallons of it for our church's valentines dinner. Everyone loved it. It's OH SO TASTY!!! Be blessed:) p_starliper@comcast.net

March 24, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Jeffri Ann Olson
    October 2, 2012 at 7:34 am

FYI when you click on the Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie bars recipe link from the October menu plan it goes to this cake page/recipe. Is there a cookie bar recipe?