Cookie Dough Truffles

Cookie Dough Truffles

Well now! Shut the back door.
Do I have a yummy treat for you today, my blog reading friends.
I’m sure many of you have seen recipes for cookie dough truffles floating around the food blogosphere.
 Well, I had to get my hands on some.
Just had to.
I’m weird like that.
I can’t have folks making cookie dough and dipping it in chocolate with out me.
You heard me.
COOKIE DOUGH DIPPED IN CHOCOLATE…
Did I not say “shut the back door”?
 Shut it up tight and get to mixin’ and dippin’
mixin’ and dippin’
and tastin’
and ooooo-in’
and aaahhhhh-in’
and just plain enjoyin’ the life God gave ya.
while you dip it in chocolate….
Cookie Dough Truffles
Yield: 48 truffles
Time: about 40 min hands on time + 2 hours to freeze before dipping
Recipe adapted from Mels Kitchen Cafe
1/2 C butter, softened
3/4 C brown sugar, packed
2 1/4 C flour
1  -14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 t vanilla
1/2 C mini chocolate chips
2   -12 oz bags semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 C milk chocolate chips
1 T shortening, divided
1. Cream your butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
2. Add the flour, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and mix well.
3. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
4. Shape into 1 inch balls and place on a sprayed cookie sheet. Cover with saran wrap and freeze for 1-2 hours. You want them to be firm here folks. It makes the dipping a lot easier.
5. In a liquid measuring cup (I used the cup that will hold 16 oz, or 2 cups) melt your semi sweet chocolate in the microwave. Only heat it for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating interval.
Add about 2 t of shortening to the chocolate and stir to incorporate.
6. Dip each frozen cookie dough ball into the chocolate and then place on wax paper.
7. Melt the milk chocolate in the microwave and add 1 t shortening. Stir it well and then drizzle it over the tops of the truffles.
7. Put the truffles back in the fridge to set for about 15 minutes.
Enjoy!

May 21, 2010 at 9:52 am

Those look so yummy!!

May 21, 2010 at 1:21 pm

Yum yum yum! That's all I can say!!!!

May 21, 2010 at 3:31 pm

Oh my! I want to bake everything that you post! These look so fab!

xxMK
    Delightful Bitefuls

February 8, 2014 at 5:41 am

Hi Tiffany,I found the pic for this on Pinterest and I had to click for the recipe since they looekd so yummy! I have all the ingredients so I’m making these right away. Thanks for sharing this fantastic healthy recipe.

May 21, 2010 at 3:39 pm

Oh my!! Just when I thought I was doing good on Weight Watchers, you had to pull this one:) Yum!!!

Jeanne
    May 21, 2010 at 4:33 pm

I've shared your website with my friends and they all love it. Thanks for the great recipes. This would make a yummy wedding treat too!

May 21, 2010 at 6:32 pm

I knew you were my kind of people!!!!! Who doesn't love cookie dough dipped in chocolate? This recipe is going in the must try file, right now!

May 21, 2010 at 8:55 pm

You really shouldn't share such irresistably tempting recipes. I have been doing so good and have lost 15 pounds! A recipe like that will put it all back. I can't resist cookie dough in the first place and then to show me a recipe that has it dipped in chocolate!

May 21, 2010 at 11:32 pm

Your truffles look absolutely perfect. Wow. The chocolate almost look tempered!! Good job!

May 22, 2010 at 1:12 am

Ok, super yummy! I am so addicted to your blog that as soon as you post a new recipe I have to make it right away…especially when it's a dessert recipe! :) So, I made these this afternoon with what I had on hand. Instead of mini chocolate chips I used Skor toffee pieces. I didn't have milk chocolate to decorate with, so mine are just dipped in semi-sweet…and they are TO DIE for!! I'm sharing some with Katherine tonite so I don't eat them all myself. :)

May 22, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Kim,
    SKOR TOFEE PIECES! Shut the back door and turn up the party music! What a great idea!

May 22, 2010 at 3:47 pm

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR TOO!!! You have no idea how good they are!! :) I'll bring some to you too! :)

May 22, 2010 at 6:33 pm

These look absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing!!

May 22, 2010 at 7:20 pm

YUM!!! I've written this recipe down before off allrecipes, but never made it. It tooks so good…. you talked me into it!!!

May 22, 2010 at 8:32 pm

Kim,
    I would love to try them!

May 22, 2010 at 8:34 pm

I saw this recipe yesterday and absolutely had to make them! I didn't have mini chips either so I just used the regular sized Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips and then dipped them in milk chocolate and topped them with semi-sweet.

They are fabulous!! My husband can't stop eating them. And they are even more fantastic the next day. Thank you for this awesome recipe. I'm sure I will make them again soon!

May 22, 2010 at 9:06 pm

Jamie, when Katherine picks Katelyn up I'll send her home with 2 plates instead of 1. :)

May 26, 2010 at 2:24 am

I made these and everyone loves them…me too of coarse.

May 27, 2010 at 8:33 pm

I made these for FHE and shared with my seminary class. We all loved them. Mine are not beautiful like yours, but delicious. Thanks for the yummy recipe.

May 31, 2010 at 5:24 am

Made them and LOVE them!!! they taste as heavenly as they look.. i love your recipes.
    -VerNeita

February 8, 2014 at 2:22 am

Delicious!! Looks amazing. I also just made some fudge for halewolen. acraftygourmet.blogspot.com/2012/10/healthy-halewolen-candy-coconut-carob-alternative.htmlI’m going to test yours out as well. Yum!! Yay for real food Halloween options!

October 3, 2010 at 7:00 pm

So last night I came home from work after a really bad day, and my wife had made the cookie dough truffles- they were the best surprise I could have hoped for! The recipe is fantastic and I love her more than ever for finding these amazing treats. Keep posting great food!

November 24, 2010 at 12:00 pm

Thanks for sharing this nice recipe. I will surely try it. Cookie Dough

December 23, 2010 at 4:58 pm

I just found your blog through a friend. She raved about your quick fluffy dinner rolls. While I am going to try those this recipe is an absolute must try. So much so that my husband offered to stop for groceries on his way home tonight to get the ingredients! Thanks.
    Ilene

March 10, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I know that I can truffles in any market, but I have some curiosity to get by my own, can you tell if is true that the best way to find truffles is a pig? I read this in other site, the true is that I can't believe this.

Jodie
    December 16, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Hi Jamie,
    These look delicious….just 2 quick questions…#1- After they sit in the fridge for the 15 minutes to set up, can they be left out of the fridge after that? #2-how many days in advance can they be made before giving them as gifts, and still taste good?
    Thanks Jamie!
    Jodie

December 20, 2011 at 12:47 am

Hi Jody,
    Sorry it has taken me a few days to get back to you! You can make these a couple of weeks in advance, and then store them in the freezer until you are ready to use them. I'm not sure about leaving them out of the fridge for an extended period of time. My first thoughts are they would be fine, due to the fact there are no eggs in the recipe. Good luck!

May 1, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Always love to read stories about cookie dough. It proves how good of a fundraising product it really is.

Kim
    December 8, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Hey Jamie,
    I am just now making them for the first time. Is it really 2 (12 oz) bags of semi sweet chocolate? I just dumped one bag into my 2 cup liquid measuring cup and one bag pretty much fills it up. Maybe I have to do it in batches? Thanks! I made your creamy dreamy fudge last year and everyone thinks I make the BEST fudge ever! It will be our little secret how easy it is! ;-)

December 10, 2012 at 6:35 am

Hi Kim,
      Yes, I usually have to heat the chocolate in two batches. I like using the 2 cup liquid measuring cup rather than a 4 cup…just feels like it makes them easier to dip. Hope you loved them and they turned out well for you. :)

Mareth Pediny
    December 12, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Could you clarify shortening for me? Butter, margarine or actual shortening that comes in a brick like thing? Has anyone used butter in place?

December 13, 2012 at 9:11 am

I usually buy butter flavored Crisco shortening in a large tub. It’s found in the baking aisle. Butter or margarine won’t work for this recipe. Hope this helps. Good luck!