Easy Blueberry Cobbler

Easy Blueberry Cobbler

Oh my goodness.
Oh her goodness.
Oh his goodness.
Oh every one you know is going to love this goodness.
 A buttery rich crumbly cobbler is
baked over the
top of a
delectable blueberry filling.
When this Blueberry Cobbler comes out of the oven top it with a scoop of ice cream and
like I said….
Oh my goodness.
Life will be beautiful thing.
(PS….it only takes 5 minutes to put together and 45 minutes to bake.)
LIFE IS A BEAUTIFUL THING!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Be sure to stop by next week…
I will be posting a new recipe everyday for
7 days in a row.
What is the occasion?
Think summer.
Think kids that need something to do.
Think kids that need yummy things to eat….
It’s going to be a lot of fun!
See you then!
Easy Blueberry Cobbler
Time: 5 minutes prep + 45 minutes baking
Recipe from my grandma,  Barbara Hunter
1  -20 oz. can crushed pineapple
1/2 C brown sugar
1 1/2 t ground cinnamon
1 can blueberry pie filling
1 box white or yellow cake mix
1 C butter, melted (told you it was going to be good)
1. Pour pineapple (and juice from the can) into a sprayed 9×13 pan.
2. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon over the top of the pineapple.
3. Pour the blueberry pie filling over the top of the seasoned pineapple.
4. Sprinkle the dry cake mix over the top of the blueberry pie filling and pour the melted butter over it.
5. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
Do not hesitate to sprint to your freezer and get your hands on some vanilla ice cream… get ready to say oh my goodness….

Head over to Mommy’s Kitchenfor some more great
Potluck style recipes!

June 11, 2010 at 3:13 pm

I should motivate myself to make a cobbler. This looks delicious.

June 11, 2010 at 3:41 pm

OMG !!! I have cooked so many of your recipes the last two weeks and they are ALL so good !!!!! So glad I found you !!!!!

lmb

June 11, 2010 at 3:41 pm

Your cobbler looks absolutely delicious. Wow! I'm allergic to blueberries but I can't not make this… I'll find another berry to substitute with! YUM!

xxMK
    Delightful Bitefuls

June 11, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Wow that does look easy!! and really delicious….perfect for a non baker as myself…LOL!!

February 7, 2014 at 11:33 pm

Hey Ladyrosie..Girl i just want to say thank you..I made your peach cobbler,sweet poatote pie, and easy turkey recipe for thanksgiving all were the BOMB.COM .im not a baker at all and they were really easy to follow, i even took a pie to work,,thanx so much i will be trying more of ur recipes thanx again:))

June 12, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Okay Jamie, I made your blueberry cobbler last night and oh my goodness, it was so yummy. It's going to be a hit around our house. Michell

June 15, 2010 at 2:30 am

Mary, this recipe works really well with any fruit type pie filling, especially cherry pie filling!

June 15, 2010 at 3:23 am

Mary,
    Let me know how it turns out with a different kind of fruit.
    Anonymous,
    Thanks for the tip about the cherry pie filling. Sounds great!
    Michelle,
    I'm glad your family liked it! Woo Hoo!

June 21, 2010 at 12:07 pm

Hi Jamie I am a sucker for good cobbler. I love that this recipes uses a canned filling instead of berries. That is such a nice change and easy. TY for participating in Potluck Sunday. Everyone will love this recipe.

June 23, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Jamie, I made this cobbler for Father's Day (my first cobbler) and my dad, who is a big cobbler lover, absolutely loved it as did the others. Thanks for the great recipe!

July 6, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Wow, great job here. Awesome picture too! You should really consider submitting this to Recipe4Living's Fall Cobbler Recipe Contest! It looks delicious!

August 18, 2010 at 5:12 pm

YUM Jamie! I posted about this recipe on my blog with a few changes I made. Can I say, you are doing such an amazing job!! I posted your picture on my blog, I hope you don't mind. I explained why on my blog..my camera broke and my picture did NOT do this recipe justice. It was SOOOOO yummy! Thanks for posting!

August 5, 2011 at 5:51 pm

I have a long-wondered-about question re: this recipe & very similar others I grew up calling a Dump Cake….
    is the pineapple added in there for a reason?
    (like it is often use with a ham for some sort of breakdown of the meat)
    I know it adds wonderful flavor & texture, but now that I'm older, for some reason, pineapple splits my tongue, like there's no tomorrow; so does kiwi.
    I might just try it without & see what happens, but I wanted to ask & see if anybody knew for sure.
    I have a big container of fresh TN, big, blueberries that need to be used before they start going bad.
    Happy Day~SouthernMommy

August 10, 2011 at 3:06 am

Southern Mommy,
    Sorry for delayed response! This comment got a little bit lost in the shuffle. I am not 100% sure of the reason for the pineapple. My best guess is that is is used simply to stretch the fruit portion of the recipe and give it increased texture. I would imagine you could leave it out and add twice as many blueberries and it would still turn out well. Good luck!

April 18, 2012 at 2:24 pm

I make a similar recipe but use fresh blueberry or frozen, no need to add a thickener- just dump them in add 1/2 cup ish of sugar and some cinnamon. Add pineapple or not- then the rest is the same. In a pinch, milk or half and half or cream can be used in place of the melted butter. I add a final sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar over the cake mix.

Elaine Scotton
    September 30, 2013 at 12:21 am

this was awesome, but I would do it in a smaller pan to make it much thicker…but the flavors were awesome…sweet and awesome as my lil 5 year old said.

Lynette Cruz
    February 11, 2014 at 2:25 pm

I’m making this now!! I can’t wait to taste it!!

Cathy
    May 18, 2014 at 7:50 am

This recipe was wonderful, my family loved it.