Hope you are having a good day.
My email-hacked problem has been resolved, thank goodness.
You gotta love hackers….
Wishing them nothing but toads, beetles and bats to eat for dinner!
(If you need a good chuckle read this book
! It will put a smile on your face this summer!)
For Father’s Day this past weekend MyHandsomeHusband made a special request. A request that goes a bit against my grain.
But I had to oblige!
It was after all Father’s Day,
not Do-what-Mother-wants-for-Father’s Day.
“Let’s not have any plans.”
No plans for what to eat for dinner.
No plans for going anywhere.
(except church of course)
No plans for fancy desserts,
or to-die-for entrees.
Not for MyHandsomeHusband.
Sometimes life has too many plans for this man of mine.
Or maybe I come up with too many grand plans….
and the poor man just needs a chance to simplify!
After church and dinner we ended up moving all of the furniture to one side of the living room, and projected a couple of
movies up onto the wall.
Kids loved it. Parents loved it. A day well spent.
and this wonderful Egg Drop Soup
with a bit of white rice on the side for dinner.
Healthy and delicious!
Healthy Egg Drop Soup
Yield: 10 servings
Time: 8 minutes prep + 20 minutes cooking
Recipe from MyHandsomeHusband
12 C water
11 bullion cubes
1/2 C chopped carrots
1/2 C frozen peas
2 T soy sauce
1/2 T rice vinegar
pinch red pepper flakes
1/2 t sesame oil
2-4 T olive oil
4 beaten eggs
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped.
1. Place all ingredients but the eggs, green onions, and the peas in a large pot.
2. Bring to a hard rolling boil. Let it just a keep on boiling until your carrots are tender.
3. Add your peas let it boil until they are heated through. This shouldn’t take long, only 2 minutes or so.
4. Add your eggs while the soup is still at the hard rolling boil. They should cook up pretty fast for you.
4. Remove from the heat when the eggs are cooked and add your green onions. Enjoy!
This is a great light soup for summer. I could seriously eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner. All but 1 of my children love it as well. That makes it a definite keeper! Hope you enjoy it!