Healthy Egg Drop Soup

Healthy Egg Drop Soup

Hello everyone!
Hope you are having a good day.
My email-hacked problem has been resolved, thank goodness.
You gotta love hackers….
Wishing them nothing but toads, beetles and bats to eat for dinner!
(If you need a good chuckle read this book! It will put a smile on your face this summer!)
For Father’s Day this past weekend MyHandsomeHusband made a special request. A request that goes a bit against my grain.
But I had to oblige!
It was after all Father’s Day,
not Do-what-Mother-wants-for-Father’s Day.
His request?
“Let’s not have any plans.”
No plans for what to eat for dinner.
No plans for going anywhere.
(except church of course)
No plans for fancy desserts,
or to-die-for entrees.
Nope.
Not for MyHandsomeHusband.
Sometimes life has too many plans for this man of mine.
Or maybe I come up with too many grand plans….
and the poor man just needs a chance to simplify!
After church and dinner we ended up moving all of the furniture to one side of the living room, and projected a couple of
movies up onto the wall.
Kids loved it. Parents loved it. A day well spent.
and this wonderful Egg Drop Soup
with a bit of white rice on the side for dinner.
Healthy and delicious!
Healthy Egg Drop Soup
Time:  8 minutes prep + 20 minutes cooking
Recipe from MyHandsomeHusband
12 C water
11 bullion cubes
1/2 C chopped carrots
1/2 C frozen peas
2 T soy sauce
1/2 T rice vinegar
pinch red pepper flakes
1/2 t sesame oil
2-4 T olive oil
4 beaten eggs
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped.

1. Place all ingredients but the eggs, green onions, and the peas in a large pot.
2. Bring to a hard rolling boil. Let it just a keep on boiling until your carrots are tender.
3. Add your peas let it boil until they are heated through. This shouldn’t take long, only 2 minutes or so.
4. Add your eggs while the soup is still at the hard rolling boil. They should cook up pretty fast for you.
4. Remove from the heat when the eggs are cooked and add your green onions. Enjoy!

This is a great light soup for summer. I could seriously eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner. All but 1 of my children love it as well. That makes it a definite keeper! Hope you enjoy it!

June 23, 2010 at 6:52 pm

My own Dear Hubby will flip over this recipe! This is one of his favorite soups! Thanks for sharing.

June 23, 2010 at 9:19 pm

I kinda like the 'no plans' thing! Smart hubby!

February 7, 2014 at 7:19 pm

I find that dried food is the best because the baetrh of cat’s doesn’t smell as badly as it does after they eat canned cat food! My cats eat: Meow Mix, Purina Cat Chow, Royal Canin, and many others you don’t want me to name.

June 24, 2010 at 1:19 am

What a great way to spend the day! I'm glad you didn't explode from not having any plans! LOL! This soup and those wraps look delicious!

July 5, 2010 at 8:42 pm

Delicious and so easy! We had it with rice and bulgogi. Adam hadn't made bulgogi and has wanted to for a long time. He found a great recipe on allrecipes and we tried it with the soup. Everyone loved it. Thanks for the great recipe.

August 5, 2010 at 2:32 am

My whole family LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEESSSS this soup. Thanks for posting it!

Chrystal
    February 25, 2012 at 5:06 pm

With 11 bullion cubes and another 2T of soy sauce (both of which most egg drop soup recipes don't have) this soup is anything but healthy. It's a little disheartening that with all of the information out there regarding healthy eating that people still think “healthy” means “it has vegetables.”

Alex
      March 30, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I'm sure if you consumed the whole pot it wouldn't be healthy! It's disheartening when we fail to notice the “serving size” on labels. All. In. Moderation.

Keep up the delicious recipes, Jamie! :D

April 21, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Cant wait to try this!! Your blog is wonderful, Im so glad I happened upon it. Much healthier than the all too often take out option. Delicious :) thanks

Laura
    October 20, 2012 at 10:03 am

Thanks so much for these awesome recipes! I can’t get enough of them. I’ve posted several of them to Pinterest, I hope that’s okay?

October 20, 2012 at 11:23 am

Laura,
      Thanks for your kind words. Please feel free to pin any and all recipes you see here. :)