Baked Zucchini with Mozzarella

Baked Zucchini with Mozzarella

Well, well, well.
The zucchini growing in my garden have
finally made an appearance at the dinner table.
Welcome, welcome!
We love zucchini around here and I find myself putting it in all kinds of things throughout the summer and into the fall.
I wanted to make this fabulous Baked Zucchini with Mozzarella
very first because…
it is our
very favorite.
I goes wonderfully with….

and
Beach Street Chicken
or as an appetizer, or snack,
or just about anytime your little heart desires.
We LOVE it.
Really love it.
 Hope you all do as well!
Here’s to zucchini a plenty throughout the summer!

Baked Zucchini with Mozzarella
Time: 20 minutes
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
2 medium sized (or about 5 small) zucchini
Johnny’s Garlic Spread Seasoning
salt
2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Slice your zucchini up into 1/2 inch rings.
2. Lay them out flat on a large cookie sheet. Sprinkle with Johnny’s Garlic Seasoning and a bit of salt.
3. Bake in the oven at 350 for about 10-15 minutes or until crisp tender.
4. Take the hot pan out of the oven and sprinkle the zucchini with cheese. Turn the oven to broil, throw that cookie sheet back into the oven and let the cheese get all bubbly and a bit browned. This should only take about 3-5 minutes. Be careful here. Broiling things in the oven can get out of control in a fast hurry. Keep a close eye on these beauties or they will be charred black. And, this might surprise you, but most folks don’t enjoy food that has been charred black. If your family does…by all means, charr the heck out of them.
“hoop, there it is…..”
“What you talkin’ bout, Mama?” said NateTheGreat.
“You puttin’ a lot a CHEESE on that green stuff?”
“Eat your cheese, Nate or I wiww kiww you dead
with my lightsabow!” bellowed AaronFearlessDefenderOfMother….

Oh, summertime. We are loving it!

July 20, 2010 at 7:09 pm

Fabulous recipe! Who doesn't love cheese melted on zucchini! My Nate the Great is the light saber wielding fiend at our house(and mother defender, bless his little heart! Glad your enjoying summer!

July 20, 2010 at 9:03 pm

I have zucchini galore in my garden (I have 7 plants!) and I think this recipe looks great! I can guarantee you I will be trying it very soon! Thanks!

July 21, 2010 at 3:11 pm

This looks great! Simple and tasty! Thanks!

July 21, 2010 at 4:27 pm

That looks so easy and yummy! Sadly, I'm the only one that likes zucchini in my house!

July 21, 2010 at 10:35 pm

It I can ever get my zucchini plant to grow a zucchini we will be trying this. Sounds delish.

July 26, 2010 at 2:15 pm

I am normally not a big fan of zucchini but that looks so good!

July 28, 2010 at 5:44 am

We love Johnny's Garlic Seasoning!
    I use it a lot…in fact I order a 6 count pack through Amazon! LOL
    It makes outstanding garlic butter which I keep in the fridge and add to so many things…soups, gravy's, potatoes, eggs, etc.

August 1, 2010 at 2:18 pm

I agree with them it really looks good. Very good food photography.

August 1, 2010 at 8:49 pm

We are having Spaghetti tomorrow night–I might just make a run back to the store for some zucchini!

August 3, 2010 at 1:24 pm

okay–so my kids wouldn't come near this (but that's not saying much), my husband loved them though!! (and he doesn't like zucchini)!! YAY!

Jamie N
    August 7, 2010 at 11:16 pm

So, Walmart doesn't carry Johnny's Garlic (only the season salt) and I am too lazy to go anywhere else this week. Please tell me, dear Jamie, what all is in Johnny's so I can make these before I am able to locate the real stuff? These look amazing!!

August 8, 2010 at 3:18 am

Jamie N,
    I buy my Johnny's Garlic Seasoning at Costco. But if I didn't have any on hand I would use Italian Seasoning, or garlic salt. Good luck! Hope they turn out well!

August 11, 2010 at 11:36 pm

That was awesome! I nearly ate an entire plateful. Thanks for this great recipe!

June 4, 2011 at 2:06 am

This was absolutely delicious! Thank you so much for posting it :)

Loren
    September 7, 2011 at 1:17 am

Yummy! these are a big hit at dinner tonight at my house! thanks for sharing!