ps_menu_class_0
ps_menu_class_1
ps_menu_class_2

Easy Garlic Cheese Bread

Another quick and easy recipe for you today my fine blog reading friends. I am in the mood for easy. Quick and easy is a blessing sometimes, isn’t it! Go ahead and nod your head.
I’m betting you agree with me!
Easy Garlic Cheese Bread
Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 7-8 fine folks
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!

1 loaf French Bread (I used 2 small loaves of my homemade French Bread)
1/2 C butter (one stick) softened
1 1/2 T Johnny’s Garlic Seasoning
1 C mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 C Parmesan cheese, grated
1 T dried parsley
1. Slice your french bread in half.
2. Combine the butter and the Johnny’s Garlic Seasoning.
3. Spread the butter on the inside of the bread.
4. Wrap the bread in tin foil.
5. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
6. Take the bread out of the oven and sprinkle with the cheese. Wrap just the sides of the bread now with foil. Leave the cheese out in the open.
7. Put the pan back in the oven and turn in to broil. Broil just until the cheese starts to brown.
8. Sprinkle with parsley, cut and serve.

Pinterest friendly image below…
Easy Garlic Cheese Bread from Jamie Cooks It Up!

1. Tara V says:

I love cheesy garlic bread….can that be a meal? hehe

2. Shelley says:

I definitely have gotta try this…its got three of my favorite things….cheese, garlic, and bread. How can I lose? (Unless I burn it) thanks for the recipe

3. Amber Moleff says:

I am so glad you posted a cheesy garlic bread precipe, I plan to try it soon! THanks!

4. That looks so delish! I'm def trying this!

5. Stacy says:

Where do you find your Johnny's Garlic seasoning? I bought some Johnny's the other day, but it isn't garlic….The bread looks so divinely fattening!!

6. Michelle says:

Hip hip hurray!! I love garlic cheese bread and I love EASY!

7. Stacy,
    I buy my Johnny's Garlic Seasoning at Costco. Good luck! Let me know if you find it somewhere else.

8. Darla says:

that looks delicious, When i make mine i butter my halves, then spread a tub of cream cheese and chives over top sprinkle some parmesan cheese garlic powder, parsley then bake ,,,,,

9. We tried this yummy gooey cheesy bread not to long ago…oh so good! I did swap dried parsley for a mix of Italian seasoning and garlic powder…what can I say… we love garlic….but just lightly sprinkled on top. Very good. This recipe is now a staple – alongside some homemade pizza with a little help on the fresh dough from Trader Joes or Fresh and Easy and you have a family fun pizza night! Thanks Jamie your the best (darn I keep wanting to spell your name Jaime – not sure why?? :)

10. We tried this yummy gooey cheesy bread not to long ago…oh so good! I did swap dried parsley for a mix of Italian seasoning and garlic powder…what can I say… we love garlic….but just lightly sprinkled on top. Very good. This recipe is now a staple – alongside some homemade pizza with a little help on the fresh dough from Trader Joes or Fresh and Easy and you have a family fun pizza night! Thanks Jamie your the best (darn I keep wanting to spell your name Jaime – not sure why?? :)

11. Anonymous says:

Great recipes, Jamie!!! I wanted to let you know a simpler way to cook this that we've done for lots of meals (and babysitters love it too with spaghetti).
    I do the same as you by cutting the french loaf in half, then I slightly melt my butter and add Parmesan cheese, italian season if you like, and garlic to it (we use garlic from the container, not powedered) and sprinkle mozzerella and cheddar on top then bake.

12. Sara B says:

Does your Costco still sell Johnny's Garlic Seasoning? I live in Michigan and tried to purchase it a couple weekends ago and failed. I searched every food aisle with special attention to the spice aisle. I then asked my cashier about it. She knew exactly what I was talking about and said that they stopped selling it about 2 years ago. Do you have any ideas as to what I can substitue?

1. Hey there Sara,
      I have had a lot of people ask your same question. I noticed that Our Best Bites did a post about what you can use as a substitute. Here is a link for ya!

Good luck!

2. Sara B says:

Thank you! I will have to try it. I've been holding off on some of your tasty looking recipes because I didn't have that ingredient. Watch out now! BTW, thank you for your site. I have made quite a few of your recipes and they are delicious!

13. Irishmar says:

Fantastic recipe! I really wanted garlic bread and knew that you would have a good one. I didn't end up using all of the butter (I used two smaller frozen french bread loaves I got from Costco) and used frozen minced garlic instead of the garlic seasoning. Only took a minute in the broiler. So yummy! Next time I'm going to cut into sticks and serve with marinara for the kids!

14. Precious says:

Woah! I’m really enjoying the template/theme of this website.
    It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s difficult to get that “perfect balance”
    between usability and visual appearance. I must say that you’ve done a
    awesome job with this. Also, the blog loads very fast for me on Internet explorer.
    Exceptional Blog!