SocialBoost 728×90 ATF

Lemon Cookies with White Chocolate

Lemon Cookies with White Chocolate

That’s just what folks are going to say when you offer them one of    these Lemon Cookies with White Chocolate.
“Hmmmmm…” they’ll add.”What do we have here?”
You’ll smile and hand over one of these delectable delights.
“Just a lovely cookie.” you’ll answer back.
Then you’ll stand back and wait
For the smile.
For the “Holy cow!”
For the “Get me another one!”
For the “Get me the recipe!”
For the “Bless your beautiful hide,
thank you for the smile on my face!”
For the “You are the best lookin’ person in my life.”
(alright, maybe that last one was a stretch….but we can wish for that kind of praise, can’t we?)
You will smile at the person drooling
over your homemade cookies and say…..
“Don’t mention it…..

Well.
Ain’t you somethin’?!

You are going to love these babies.
The flavors of lemon and white chocolate
combined are a phenomenal delight.
Here’s to stoking up the oven in the middle of summer….
sometimes it is just dadgum worth it!
Let me show you how to make it happen…
1. Melt your butter and add it to the cake mixes. Mix it around for just a bit and add your eggs.
2. Squeeze your fresh lemon and add it to the mix.
3. Mix with a wooden spoon, or with your Kitchen Aid until combined.
4. Add all but 1/2 C of the white chocolate chips, mix just until incorporated evenly.

5. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls, place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. (6 minutes at 325 for convection ovens). Be careful not to over bake. Take the cookies out of the oven when they have cracked on the top. Then let them finish cooking on the hot cookie sheet for about 2 minutes. Put on a wire rack to finish cooling completely.
 6. Melt the remaining 1/2 C of white chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add the shortening to the chips and stir. If they aren’t melting put them in the microwave for another 30 seconds and stir. Don’t get it too hot. The white chocolate will get all chalky and uncooperative. I hate it when things get uncooperative…..can’t we all just get along.

7. Drizzle the white chocolate over the tops of the cooled cookies with a spoon.

8. Sprinkle the cookies with powdered sugar. Let the cookies rest on the wire rack until the white chocolate has set up.
 Then stack some up pretty.
Eat one up yourself….
(or just enjoy the whole stack,
depending on the strength of your resolve….)
Enjoy!
Here’s the handy printable…
Lemon Cookies with White Chocolate

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 50 Cookies

Ingredients

2 boxes lemon cake mix
1 C butter, melted
2 eggs
1 T fresh lemon juice
1 12 oz package white chocolate chips
1 t shortening
powdered sugar

Instructions

2. Squeeze your fresh lemon and add it to the mix.
3. Mix with a wooden spoon, or with your Kitchen Aid until combined.
6. Melt the remaining 1/2 C of white chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add the shortening to the chips and stir. If they aren't melting put them in the microwave for another 30 seconds and stir. Don't get it too hot. The white chocolate will get all chalky and uncooperative. I hate it when things get uncooperative.....can't we all just get along.

Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
The background fabric seen in these photos was sponsored by the StackOfFabric collecting dust in my basement and designed by the lovely Mary Engelbright, genius of darling artistry.

Pinterest friendly image below…

Lemon White Chocolate Cookies from Jamie Cooks It Up!

August 5, 2010 at 2:49 am

These look fantasticly delicious! I will have to try them. I love the fabric. you take great pics!

August 5, 2010 at 5:22 pm

This is one I'll have to try! I adore lemon cookies and one of these might just be what I need to get me out of my bad mood today. Thanks!

August 5, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Oh…those look delicious! I love anything with lemon in it! Thanks for the recipe!

August 6, 2010 at 7:20 pm

These cookies look so good. I love lemon things. I spent a week at my sister-in-law, Amy Dansie, and went to church twice with her. I wanted to meet you, but you were gone. I love your RS…great lessons both weeks, and I felt very welcome.

August 10, 2010 at 7:27 pm

That looks great and what beautiful presentation!

August 19, 2010 at 8:05 pm

Just discovered your blog. I think I've died and gone to heaven! 😉

September 1, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Made these cookies the other day….SOOO good!

I was wondering if you have any good Texas sheet cake recipes. I was asked to make one for a Labor Day party. I have NEVER done one before….so it should be interesting : )

Cami

September 1, 2010 at 5:41 pm

Cami,
    I'm so glad that you liked them! I don't have a recipe for Texas sheet cake, but would like to find one! I have noticed one on The Pioneer Woman's site. This is the address. Sorry, I don't know how to add a link. Just copy it and paste it into your address bar. Good Luck! Let me know how it goes!

September 1, 2010 at 9:29 pm

This looks delicious! Your photographs are beautiful as well!
    I've recently launched my own blog, I'd love for you to check it out and let me know what you think! 🙂 http://www.prettygoodfood.com Thanks and Happy Cooking!

September 7, 2010 at 4:17 am

Well, I made the sheet cake from the website link you suggested. I have to say, it turned out better then I thought it would! I am not such a great cook when it comes to new recipes (especially ones that involve exact measurments) but I was successful! The frosting wasn't my favorite…but the cake was SUPER moist and yummy. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Cami

October 25, 2010 at 12:58 am

Well aint you somethin is right! LOL. holy moley, i need to try these ASAP. i am CRAZY about lemon stuff!! YUM!

January 12, 2011 at 4:04 pm

My boys and I are in the process of making these and I am in HEAVEN! So yummy!!!! Thank you so much for the recipe! 🙂

February 5, 2011 at 5:05 am

If I was not a 55 year old heterosexual married woman (who is completely faithful) I would want to have your babies!!! LOVE this soooo much.

February 8, 2011 at 3:26 am

Shawker,
    Wow. Don't know that I've ever received a compliment quite like this before! Thanks for letting me know how much you loved them!

March 23, 2011 at 2:24 am

A friend made these for church Sunday, and gave me one, they were so good I ran home and made them for our family. Love them!! You mention it is hard to melt chocolate in the microwave. Try this tip, you will never have hard chocolate again and it is so much easier than any other way!! Promise you will love it! http://ourcookingcafe.blogspot.com/2010/11/melting-tip.html

March 17, 2012 at 6:40 pm

I made these the other day! Holy cow…..these are some of the best cookies I have ever tasted! Easy peasy to make and the compliments you will receive are unreal! They look and taste like you purchased them from a bakery. I will absolutely make these again and again! Thank you for sharing this recipe with us…..oh and I tried melting the chocolate as the above poster stated. Her idea does melt the white chocolate, however, I had no problem using the microwave method. I just kept stirring it and stirring it..it never got hard and it was the perfect consistency for drizzling!

April 7, 2012 at 7:18 pm

The last batch is just coming out of the oven now …. AMAZING cookie. I can't wait to serve them to guests for Easter!

April 28, 2012 at 12:29 am

OH MY GOODNESS JAMIE, THESE COOKIES ARE AMAZING!!! Thank you again for all the wonderful recipes!

Kim W.
    April 10, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Jamie,
    You’re hilarious and your posts always bring a smile to my face 🙂 I can’t wait to try this recipe. Thank you!

Clover
    May 12, 2013 at 8:32 pm

I made these the other day, wasn’t sure if I would like a cookie from a cake mix, but these were delicious. Will definitely make again. Thanks for an easy delicious recipe.

Stephen
    May 27, 2013 at 8:50 am

They look nice but it’s not really your recipe if it involves a cake mix…

Casey
    December 22, 2013 at 12:08 pm

These are amazing. Thanks so much for the recipe. I love how easy this is and that I don’t have to get my mixer out.

Sharon
    January 2, 2014 at 11:44 am

Is there anything I can substitute the shortening for? I don’t use it so I don’t have it in my house. Thanks for the chewy gingerbread bars recipe. They were delicious.

Elizabeth
      January 23, 2014 at 10:24 pm

Again, you are amazing! I have tried several of you recipes and posted a ton more. I am going to make these for church this Sunday. If I make these tomorrow, Friday, do they keep well, and how about freezing? (Not that I expect to have any left over). But I will be making more for other occasions and like to make things ahead. Thank so much

January 23, 2014 at 11:11 pm

Elizabeth,
        These cookies keep better than most, I would imagine because of the preservatives that are in the cake mix. They should still be great by Sunday, but they also freeze well. You can even freeze the dough and then bake them just before you want them. Good luck!

Elizabeth
          January 23, 2014 at 11:24 pm

Thank you for such a timely response.

Johnb843
    May 12, 2014 at 7:04 am

I don’t usually comment but I gotta admit thanks for the post on this great one dgebgcbebdeb

Stefany
    June 23, 2014 at 10:08 pm

I just finished making 2 batches (exactly 100 cookies!) and they are FABULOUS! I melted my chocolate chips and shortening in a bowl and then poured that into a plastic sandwich bag; cut off the tiny corner tip and started striping the cookies with icing. They are beautiful and delicious…and heavenly when warm! Thank you for this simple recipe!

zombiesammich
    July 28, 2014 at 3:18 pm

I make these cookies all the time!!! I haven’t met a single person who doesn’t like these. I’m also pretty sure I may have unintentionally destroyed the diets of a few of my coworkers too, oops.

Some things I noticed from the many times I’ve made this recipe:
    -I had to cut out the white chocolate chips from the cookie dough and stick to just topping them with the white chocolate drizzle because otherwise they are too sweet.
    -I noticed that one time I added all the melted butter at once to the cake mix and then turned on my mixer and the cookies turned bleh. Now I always add the melted butter slowly while the mixer is on and they turn out perfect all the time.
    -I like to give each cookie dough ball a good smoosh before they go in the oven to help them spread flatter and wider for my own taste.
    -I add the juice of a whole lemon rather than measuring lemon juice and it seems to work just fine every time for me, although I do realize that lemons can vary in size and juice.
    -storing these in the refrigerator or freezer tremendously extends the life of the cookies, as the fats seem to stale easily at room temp and start to leave a weird after taste after a few days of room temp.

Thank you so much, Jamie! Your recipes are my holy grail recipes for everything.

July 30, 2014 at 8:03 am

Zombiesammich,
      Thanks so much for all of your great tips! So happy to hear the recipes are turning out well for you. 🙂