Happy Wednesday Everyone!
I’m happy to have a Botulism Free recipe for you today.
Bet that makes you happy as well.
I also wanted to let you know that ABC has a fun show coming up this season called No Ordinary Family.
ABC has asked me to write a post about my extraordinary family.
EXTRA-ordinary? Us? The guys and gals living on the premises…?
Now about these Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars!
If you are looking for
FABULOUS SMELL FROM THE OVEN
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH
BITE OF HEAVEN…
then just go ahead and make a batch.
You deserve it!
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Time: 45 minutes
Yield: about 30 bars
Recipe from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
2 1/8 C flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
12 T butter (1 1/2 sticks)
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C white sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 t vanilla
2 C chocolate chips (I used semi sweet, buy you can use what ever suits your fancy)
1. Melt your butter in the microwave. Add the brown sugar, white sugar, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla to the butter. Whisk it around until well combines.
2. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients.
3. Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredient and stir just until combines.
4. Fold in your chocolate chips.
5. Line a 9×13 pan with tin foil. Spray it down with some cooking spray and press your cookie dough into the pan. The tin foil is going to make it super easy to pull these bars out of the pan.
6. Bake at 325 for 24-28 minutes.
7. Let your pan cool on a wire rack for a bit. I didn’t let mine get all the way cool before I cut them, and it worked out fine. I like to eat my cookies warm.
8. Pull the tin foil out of the pan and on to a cutting board. Cut the bars as desired. ENJOY!