ps_menu_class_0

If you are looking for
EASY
TASTY
FABULOUS SMELL FROM THE OVEN
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH
BITE OF HEAVEN…
then just go ahead and make a batch.
You deserve it!

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Time: 45 minutes
Yield: about 30 bars
Recipe from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe
2 1/8 C flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
12 T butter (1 1/2 sticks)
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C white sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 t vanilla
2 C chocolate chips (I used semi sweet, buy you can use what ever suits your fancy)
1. Melt your butter in the microwave. Add the brown sugar, white sugar, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla to the butter. Whisk it around until well combines.
2. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients.
3. Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredient and stir just until combines.
4. Fold in your chocolate chips.
5. Line a 9×13 pan with tin foil. Spray it down with some cooking spray and press your cookie dough into the pan. The tin foil is going to make it super easy to pull these bars out of the pan.
6. Bake at 325 for 24-28 minutes.
7. Let your pan cool on a wire rack for a bit. I didn’t let mine get all the way cool before I cut them, and it worked out fine. I like to eat my cookies warm.
8. Pull the tin foil out of the pan and on to a cutting board. Cut the bars as desired. ENJOY!
Pinterest friendly image below…
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Jamie Cooks It Up!

1. Deborah says:

Can you send some down my way?? These look delicious!!

2. Anonymous says:

I made these yesterday for a friend who was having a bad day. They were soo very good and super easy~ Traci

3. Alanna says:

YUMMY! I am totally going to have to make these this weekend!! They will be perfect to bring to the BYU football game gathering!!

4. Anonymous says:

Jamie.
    You are the biggest life saver! I have made your yummy cookie bars you just posted and they were gone the next day and tonight I made the beech street lemon chicken and my husband LOVED it. It made me feel so happy!!! Thanks so much I am so excited to keep trying all your amazing recipes!!! Im so glad I heard about your blog! Thanks!
    Karen Griffin

5. Just made these for with and for my grandson – We both loved them and so quick and easy to make. Bonus was the easy clean up! Thanks Jamie you're the best – your children and husband are so blessed to have you! Have an awesome day! Thank you! :)
    PS – we did 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp orange extracts – soooo good! :)

6. Just made these for with and for my grandson – We both loved them and so quick and easy to make. Bonus was the easy clean up! Thanks Jamie you're the best – your children and husband are so blessed to have you! Have an awesome day! Thank you! :)
    PS – we did 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp orange extracts – soooo good! :)

7. audra says:

Another WONDERFUL recipe!!! THanks for posting it!!!

8. Anonymous says:

OMG! These bars are so BAD… I swear I could have eaten the whole pan myself, I'm so glad I made them for someone else before making them for myself!
    This recipe is awesome for anyone to lazy to actually make little tiny cookies, and the bars come out with a little crispness and just ooooozzzzzzing on the inside.
    They are just WICKED!!

9. Anonymous says:

i just want to know the exact measurement of the flour is it 2 cups and 1/8 cup or 2 of 1/8 cup??? pls. reply thanks =)

10. Hello there anonymous,
    The flour measurment is 2 and 1/8 Cups total. Sorry for any confusion. Happy Baking!

11. Randi S. says:

I'm making these TODAY! They look so yummy!

12. Dale says:

Thanks for the pdy recipe Jaime! (pretty darned yummy) Easy too!

13. Anonymous says:

I had everything on had but the semi sweet. so I sent the hubbie to the sore for these. I am making them for my family tonight. I can't wait. thank you. I love your site. I just emailed your link to two of my family members because I love it so much. Thank you.

14. Patti says:

These are dangerous! Half the pan is gone already and I just made them late this morning! I added some walnuts into the batter and I didn't mix in the chips..I sprinkled some on top and pushed them down in a bit. I did that only because I wanted half of the pan chocolate and the other half white chocolate and coconut (that was really good too!). Yum yum…into the recipe box of favorites it goes!

15. Chelsea says:

These were soo good!! Made them last night and everyone loved them. The first recipe I have tried on your site and can't wait to give some more a try. I did end up cooking longer than your suggested time though, they seemed way too gooey and doughy even at 28 minutes, or is that how they are supposed to be?

16. Hi there! I found this post through a link on Pinterest! This recipe looks so yummy! Where did you find that cutting tool?

17. Hi Katie,
    The knife you see in the pictures is part of knife set I use. I'm actually giving two of these knife sets away this week. Here is the link.
    Have a good one!

18. Anonymous says:

Made these today. They ROCK! So choc full of chocolate and chewy yumminess. They are not lasting long around here. Thank you for the recipe.

19. Debbie says:

These are so good!! I just made them for the second time this week! I mention them on my blog and put a link so everyone can find the recipe and try them!!

20. Janet says:

I have these in the oven right now. I didn't have two full cups of chocolate chips so I used about 3/4 cup of peanut butter and milk chocolate chips to make up the difference. I'll let you know how they turn out. Thanks!

21. Sara B says:

I’ve made these a few times now, and this is my new go-to cookie bar recipe. It actually turned out like the picture! These are delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

22. Nikki says:

Made the house smell like Christmas!! I used Party mints (aka: Misty mints) in place of the chocolate chips, and results were EXCEPTIONAL!! I baked them for the minimum recommended time, which resulted in a good consistency in the middle, but the edges were hard, so I trimmed them away. I think I would bake 2 minutes less next time, but I think my oven runs a bit hot too… I have to check that out. Over all… I recommend that you MAKE THESE!!!

23. Suzanne says:

You are my go-to source for inspiration, and you never disappoint. I made these for a casual office super bowl party and OMG, these were the hit of the party! Simply scrumptious!

24. Christine says:

These sound so good. I’m wondering though if I were to double the recipe, what size pan would I use?

1. Jamie says:

Christine,
      I have doubled the recipe before using a large jelly roll (cookie sheet) pan. Mine is about 17×13. Good luck! Hope you love them.

25. Jill says:

just have to say I tried this recipe and it is fabulous! Instead of making cookies individually this will be my go to recipe!

26. Christine says:

Gah! I made these the other day….talk about stupidity on my part. When it came to the butter, I read the recipe wrong and thought it said 1 1/2 cups (I thought wow, that is a lot of butter but did it anyway). Ended up with REAL butter bars (amazingly enough the kids ate the whole pan anyway). But, I was coming back here to see if I could figure out if I could cut the butter w/o damaging the recipe next time…only to find out that it was 1 1/2 STICKS of butter. BIG difference.

I must remember next time:
    12 TBS butter = 3/4 cup butter = 1 1/2 STICKS of butter

LOL

27. Shari says:

I made these tonight and they are DELICIOUS! Definitely the best chocolate chip cookie bars we have ever had. It’s already been added to my permanent recipe file. Thanks so much for sharing !!

28. Kay says:

I love this recipe, but I have a problem. Every time I bake them per directions at 325 degrees, they end up being too gooey, and I have to up the temp and cook longer. Is this a misprint? Should it be 350 or 375 instead?

1. Jamie says:

Hi Kay,
      You may be at a different elevation than I am, requiring a slightly different baking temp and duration. Also, perhaps our ovens don’t bake exactly the same. Do what ever works best for you. Good luck! Hope they turn out better next time.

29. Aliza says:

A friend made these and posted pics of her family making them. I decided to make them today. Can I just say these are DEADLY. The butter and sugar mixture was amazing (almost didn’t make the bars because I wanted to eat that instead). The finished product? Happy sounds coming from every member of our family. Thanks for posting this great recipe!

30. A.Proctor says:

I made these tonight for my husband & they are AMAZING! Thanks for sharing :-)

1. Yader says:

A minute saved is a minute earden, and this saved hours!

31. OMG! These were delicious! They didnt even last 2 days in my house. Especially good dipped in milk too :)

32. Lisa Meyer says:

Can you please confirm the amount of flour, is that 2 x 1/8 of a cup of flour?

33. Annie says:

for years ive been looking for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe. like the ones the stores sell in frozen packages. and these honestly taste so much better!! my favorite recipe by far! so so delicious. thank you jamie!

34. Anna says:

would i be able to do this in a heart aluminum pan? also, would i do half the recipe?