Fresh Peach and Cream Cheese Pie

Fresh Peach and Cream Cheese Pie

Fresh Peaches.
Yu-
hum.
My friend Kristine and I were having a whole conversation about fresh peaches, just the other day.What is the BEST way to eat a fresh peach, we wondered. Chatted about it for quite some time, actually. It’s nice to have friends who like food as much as I do.

Is there anything that can compete with just plain old Peaches, a little cream, sugar and nutmeg on top? It’s hard to beat that! Hard indeed.

Kristine informed me of a recipe.
This very recipe!

Fresh peaches galore, mixed with a gooey, sweet glaze and poured over the top of a fluffy cream cheese filling and graham cracker crust.

Sounds good, doesn’t it?

Really. Really good. I dare say it gives Peaches and Cream a run for it’s money.
SCRUMPTIOUS.
Fresh.
Super Fresh!
Tasty.
Lovely.
Makes you love fall. Not the kind of fall you do when you trip.
Just the kind of Fall that produces heavenly tasting peaches.
Next time you see a beautiful gal named Kristine give her a little high 5. If it’s not my Kristine, give the high 5 anyway…you never know when someone needs a little cheering up! You’d feel too foolish? Alright then, just give my Kristine a high 5 in your mind.

The girl is High-Five Worthy.

Fresh Peach and Cream Cheese Pie
Time: 1 hour + 1 hour chilling time
Yield: 2 pies
Recipe adapted from the beautiful Kristine Anderson
Peach Topping:
1/2 C water
3 T cornstarch
2 large peaches, peeled and smashed up
1 C sugar
1/2 t almond extract
2 T butter
8 peaches, peeled and sliced
Crust:
3 C graham cracker crumbs (about 2 packages)
7 T butter, melted
1/2 C sugar
1/8 t cinnamon
dash salt
Filling:
2   8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
1   16 oz cool whip
2 C powdered sugar
2 t vanilla
dash salt
PEACH TOPPING
1. Place your cornstarch into a small bowl. Pour the 1/2 C water over the top and stir it around until it’s all combined.
2. In a separate bowl smash up the 2 peaches.
3. Put your smashed peaches, sugar, almond extract, butter and cornstarch mixture into a medium sized sauce pan. Stir it all up.

4. Heat up the mixture over medium high. Let it come to a boil while you stir it. Let it cook for about 2 minutes or until it’s nice and thick. Set it aside to cool. Give your self a high five.
CRUST
1. Put all crust ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Stir them around until well combined.
2. Divide the mixture in half. Press each half into a 9 inch pie tin. I like to use a measuring cup to press it in.
FILLING
1. With electric beaters (or with your stand mixer) beat the cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add the sugar, vanilla, dash of salt, and beat until nice and smooth….again with the smooth.
3. Add your cool whip….and get the old girl rolling. Blend it up until it’s fluffy-ish. Wow. That’s technical.
4. Put half of the filling into each crust. Spread it out evenly with a knife.

5. Add the rest of your fresh peaches to the your cooled topping glaze. Stir until combined and pour over the top of each pie. Wrap each pie with plastic wrap and let it chill out in the fridge for at least an hour.

Happy Fall everyone!

September 25, 2010 at 12:50 am

That looks so tasty Jamie!!! Great photo tutorial.

February 8, 2014 at 5:02 am

I have learned someihtng from reading your article today. I appreciate your presentation and knowledge on this subject. This has given me reason to consider the points you made here and I will be back.

September 25, 2010 at 1:08 am

Oh, I'm sooooo making this tonight. Divine Intervention made it so I actually have ALL the ingredients.

September 25, 2010 at 1:26 am

Holy cow!!!!! That's looks beyond delicious!

September 25, 2010 at 2:53 am

That peach pie looks like the perfect way to enjoy peaches. I love the fact that it uses a graham cracker crust instead of a pastry one. I've also been working with fresh peaches and just made my first batch of peach jam. Come check it out if you have a chance. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2010/09/peach-jam.html

September 25, 2010 at 3:35 am

I love this pie- it looks so fresh and delicious!

September 25, 2010 at 4:37 am

Super yummy! We just planted our peach tree so I don't have any fresh peaches…but I did see “your” Kristine and didn't even give her a high 5! :(

September 25, 2010 at 3:43 pm

Mmm, yummy! I love love love fresh peaches! It's just one of the many things I love about fall. And this pie sounds sooo yummy! :D

September 25, 2010 at 4:11 pm

Happened across your post today for the peach pie, and have been cruising around here for quite awhile looking at all your recipes you have posted, in a word Yummy!
    I feel like I have put on weight just looking at all the beautiful desserts.

Erin
    September 27, 2010 at 4:35 pm

Would it be weird to leave work early so I can go make this pie? I'm not sure I'll be able to think of anything else all day.Yum.

September 28, 2010 at 2:03 pm

I made this pie yesterday! It was so good and my family loved it too. Thanks, for new recipes!

September 28, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Love your blog! Just thought I would give you an additional idea for your pie. Before putting the glaze on, also dot on fresh raspberries and instead of smashed peaches smash up a few raspberries and make a raspberry glaze instead of peaches! Delicious and the pink glaze makes it look beautiful! Yum!

September 28, 2010 at 4:23 pm

This looks so good , it reminds me of a pie my aunt made when I was a little girl. YUMMY!

October 1, 2010 at 1:20 am

Jamie-
    What is the best way to peel peaches? I am making this pie on Sunday for the family dinner and I cannot wait!

October 1, 2010 at 4:17 am

The Newmans,
    I like to submerge them in HOT water in my sink. Let them sit and soak for about 10 minutes. This should make the peels come off easily. Good luck!

October 17, 2010 at 7:42 pm

After making this, the recipe is spreading like wild fire. It is become a favorite of anyone that has the luck of tasting it. Thank you so much for sharing and for the push to try new things!

September 6, 2011 at 4:11 am

I was looking for a yummy peach dessert for our Scrapbooking weekend with a bunch of ladies. I am so excited to make this, they will love it.

September 26, 2011 at 3:34 pm

I made this last night and it was so great! I didn't pay attention to the amount of Cool Whip to add, so I accidentally added half of what was needed. It was still very light at fluffy. I also used a premade graham cracker crust because I'm lazy. This is a keeper for sure!

Trenna
    September 9, 2012 at 5:24 pm

Jamie, I made this for a family dinner tonight. The pan was licked clean. Delicious!!! Hope you guys are doing well.

September 10, 2012 at 7:18 am

Hi Trenna,
      So nice to hear from you. I’m glad you guys loved the pie, it’s one of my favorites as well. Hope you and your family are doing well. Have a great day!

Tami
    September 9, 2012 at 9:17 pm

We made these tonight and I must say this is the best peach pie I’ve ever had. So good. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I will definitely make these every peach season.

Tami
    September 9, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I didn’t see Trenna’s comment until I had posted mine. The peaches were off of her tree and we really did lick the pans clean.

September 10, 2012 at 7:17 am

Hi Tammy,
      I was just thinking about you and your family the other day. I hope you are all doing well. :) So glad you all loved the pie…it’s one of my favorites as well. Have a good one.

Jan T
    September 10, 2012 at 7:42 am

Made this over the week -end for the family. THEY LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT!!! I had a little problem with the crust staying together. How might I fix that in the future? Followed the recipe exactly.
    I really look forward to Wed. & Fri. for your new recipes, and have enjoyed many, many of your older ones. And yes, high-five to Kristine!!!

September 10, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Hi Jan,
      The crust haveing crumbling problems may be due to your brand of graham crackers, or perhaps the butter. Next time try adding 1 more tablespoon of butter and see if that helps.
      Thanks,

Bonnie
        July 19, 2014 at 9:35 am

Baking the crust for 8 to 10 minutes helps with keeping it less crumbly. I use low fat crackers.

Steve King
    September 11, 2012 at 11:53 am

This looks wonderful ! I am making it for a church group that meets tomorrow night. If I make it a day ahead, will the peaches turn brown? Thanks for sharing.

September 12, 2012 at 10:35 am

Hi Steve,
      I don’t think you would have any trouble with your peaches turning brown. Once they have been mixing in with the cooked ingredients they should be fine. Good luck!

Steve King
    September 12, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Jamie, you were correct and the pies were a major hit. I have already been asked to bring them again. I told them all of your great site.

September 13, 2012 at 6:58 am

Great! So glad everyone enjoyed them. :)

Steve King
    September 13, 2012 at 3:45 pm

I am going to try the same recipe except using strawberries instead of peaches and dropping the almond extract. What do you think?

Jeri
    September 17, 2012 at 1:07 pm

LOVED IT!!! I also had a problem with the crust staying together. It looked terrible on the plate but no one cared once they tasted it!!! Would baking the crust help? I will also try more butter like you suggested. Thank you for making cooking fun again!!!

September 18, 2012 at 6:37 am

Hi Jeri,
      Yes, you can bake the crust to help it harden. Just about 7-8 minutes at 350 degrees would do the trick. I would try a little more butter first. Good luck! So glad your guests like it.

Eileen
    August 22, 2013 at 4:42 pm

They sell this fantastic pie at a store near my home, I love it but an 8″ pie is $12. I am so excited to find this recipe and make it myself. Thank you!

Robin B.
    August 23, 2013 at 7:37 am

Made this last night and it was declared to be one of the best desserts ever! (And I bake a LOT.) So thank you! I was worried about having 2 pies but now anymore! :)

October 9, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Just starting to watch out for some new recipes for the upcoming holidays. This peach cream cheese recipe looks great but I can’t figure out to print it off. Any suggestions?

October 10, 2013 at 9:07 am

Melia,
      Just under the title and before the list of ingredients, you will see a link that says “Print Recipe”. Good luck!