My friend Kristine and I were having a whole conversation about fresh peaches, just the other day.What is the BEST way to eat a fresh peach, we wondered. Chatted about it for quite some time, actually. It’s nice to have friends who like food as much as I do.
Is there anything that can compete with just plain old Peaches, a little cream, sugar and nutmeg on top? It’s hard to beat that! Hard indeed.
Kristine informed me of a recipe.
This very recipe!
Fresh peaches galore, mixed with a gooey, sweet glaze and poured over the top of a fluffy cream cheese filling and graham cracker crust.
Sounds good, doesn’t it?
Really. Really good. I dare say it gives Peaches and Cream a run for it’s money.
Makes you love fall. Not the kind of fall you do when you trip.
Just the kind of Fall that produces heavenly tasting peaches.
Next time you see a beautiful gal named Kristine give her a little high 5. If it’s not my Kristine, give the high 5 anyway…you never know when someone needs a little cheering up! You’d feel too foolish? Alright then, just give my Kristine a high 5 in your mind.
The girl is High-Five Worthy.
Fresh Peach and Cream Cheese Pie
Time: 1 hour + 1 hour chilling time
Yield: 2 pies
Recipe adapted from the beautiful Kristine Anderson
1/2 C water
3 T cornstarch
2 large peaches, peeled and smashed up
1 C sugar
1/2 t almond extract
2 T butter
8 peaches, peeled and sliced
3 C graham cracker crumbs (about 2 packages)
7 T butter, melted
1/2 C sugar
1/8 t cinnamon
2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 16 oz cool whip
2 C powdered sugar
2 t vanilla
1. Place your cornstarch into a small bowl. Pour the 1/2 C water over the top and stir it around until it’s all combined.
2. In a separate bowl smash up the 2 peaches.
3. Put your smashed peaches, sugar, almond extract, butter and cornstarch mixture into a medium sized sauce pan. Stir it all up.
4. Heat up the mixture over medium high. Let it come to a boil while you stir it. Let it cook for about 2 minutes or until it’s nice and thick. Set it aside to cool. Give your self a high five.
1. Put all crust ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Stir them around until well combined.
2. Divide the mixture in half. Press each half into a 9 inch pie tin. I like to use a measuring cup to press it in.
1. With electric beaters (or with your stand mixer) beat the cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add the sugar, vanilla, dash of salt, and beat until nice and smooth….again with the smooth.
3. Add your cool whip….and get the old girl rolling. Blend it up until it’s fluffy-ish. Wow. That’s technical.
4. Put half of the filling into each crust. Spread it out evenly with a knife.
5. Add the rest of your fresh peaches to the your cooled topping glaze. Stir until combined and pour over the top of each pie. Wrap each pie with plastic wrap and let it chill out in the fridge for at least an hour.
Happy Fall everyone!