White Chocolate Popcorn

White Chocolate Popcorn

Ok, so as I am writing this lovely post
in the wee small hours of the morning, or the dark hours of late late night time…however you prefer to see it.

It has occurred to me that the last three posts have
all included some kind of chocolate.
Alright, they have included A LOT of chocolate.
White, dark, and milk have all been represented.
 Should I apologize for this kind of behavior?
Maybe only to my hips….
Isn’t it Halloween soon or something?
Don’t we all have chocolate on the mind!
Maybe just those of us burning the midnight oil,
typing and writing about chocolate.
White, dark and milk.
Delicious  in each form.
This wonderful White Chocolate Popcorn is very easy to make.
It doesn’t need to bake.
Like a fancy cake.

Boy, I wish I were awake……

See you back here tomorrow for something without sugar and chocolate.
It’s really good.
It has bread.
And cheese…..
You can eat it while you make this popcorn!

White Chocolate Popcorn
Time: 20 minutes + 30 minutes to set up
Yield: about 12 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
2 bags microwave popcorn
2  12 oz packages white chocolate chips
1 T shortening
1 C  m and m’s
1 C peanuts (I used honey roasted)
1. Pop you popcorn according to package directions.
2. Put your white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Heat it for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat until it is all melted. Don’t get it too hot! If you don’t heat it slowly….it can burn. Oh, that would be one sad day. Burned white chocolate. What a shame.
3. Add the shortening to your melted chocolate. Stir until melted.
4. Place your pop corn in two large bowls. It’s easier to get all of the goodies incorporated if you use two bowls instead of one.
5. Pour the white chocolate over the popcorn. Stir it all around to incorporate.
6. Add the m and m’s and the peanuts and stir so they get all stuck in the white chocolate as well.

7. Lay the chocolate covered popcorn on two large cookie sheets that are lined with wax paper.
8. After the chocolate has set (about 30 minutes) break it into chucks and eat it up!
Or, bag some up and give it to a friend!

October 27, 2010 at 3:19 pm

That sounds (and looks!) delicious!

Mary xo
    Delightful Bitefuls

October 27, 2010 at 3:46 pm

Looks yummy Jamie! I will have to be making some of this soon! Thanks for sharing!

February 7, 2014 at 10:06 pm

miss them) // shot a lot of portraits // and some of the most amziang weddings // including one on a rooftop // one where a live band played Guns N’ Roses Sweet Child O’

October 27, 2010 at 3:50 pm

Okay, have I told you how much I love you, lately?
    I have been looking for this recipe for weeks! I want to make bags of yummy popcorn with two movie tickets(to our local dollar theater) tied to the bag with Christmas ribbon for my kids to give their friends for Christmas! You are a life saver! Thank you!

October 27, 2010 at 4:51 pm

Keep the chocolate recipes coming!!!! LOVE this recipe with popcorn drizzled with white chocolate….wowsers that is a yummy concept!

October 27, 2010 at 5:31 pm

I am making this same thing for Christmas presents for the neighbors, but instead of the M&M's and peanuts, I will sprinkle finely crushed canycanes on top of the chocolate….it's delcious!!!! It's not overbearing with peppermint. (You could add the extract to the melted chocolate for those that love a strong peppermint taste though…)
    I love seeing recipes Jamie! Thank you for taking the time to share them with us!

October 27, 2010 at 5:33 pm

OOPS!>>>That was, “I love seeing YOUR recipes Jamie!

October 27, 2010 at 9:25 pm

My daughter can't wait to get her braces off so we can make and eat some of this white chocolate popcorn together. And this is a great gift idea!

October 28, 2010 at 1:55 am

I love to add marshmallows and pretzels to the mix too! One of my favorites! And so addictive…

December 21, 2010 at 2:55 am

Just made a batch…delish! I agree it would make a great gift, too. Would it need airtight packaging? Also, has anybody kept this popcorn around long enough to know how long it keeps once it's made?

December 22, 2010 at 5:53 am

Anonymous,
    You would need to pack it in an air tight container. As for how well it keeps, I'm not sure! Seems to get eaten pretty fast! Good luck. Let me know if you try it and how it keeps.
    Thanks!

February 7, 2014 at 11:50 pm

hahaha. take the skin off. that makes me laugh. that’s the best part all deep fried and calorie-packed gondeoss. i tried to force the 2(and a half year old) to eat fish tacos(which yes i know sounds slightly wrong). I even put it in a muffin tray! no go.

April 28, 2011 at 12:27 am

It's really good if you drizzle milk/dark chocolate over it. Yumm!