Well, we are all about Thanksgiving Dessert here this week my friends. Pie, and some pie, and some more pie is what I have in store for you. I also have a FABULOUS giveaway and with a fun kitchen craft coming up bright and early tomorrow morning. Hope you’ll come on back and have a look.
But for today. Chocolate Hershey Bar Pie, just for you. I found this recipe on fun site called She Wears Many Hats. This recipe is a real treat! One of those SuperBonusTreats. The super part? It tastes like a bite of blissful heaven. The bonus part?
It’s really, really easy.
This is not a lie.
Let’s keep it to ourselves.
I won’t tell if you won’t….
This pie filling only has TWO INGREDIENTS. I opted to make my own crust, but you could easily purchase a pre-made crust. You could also omit the fancy curls on the top. However, if you own a potato peeler and a chocolate bar I see these cute little curls in your future. In fact, you might must want to put them on top of whatever you’re making for dinner tonight! I know I want to…..isn’t everything better with a few chocolate curls on top?
Chocolate Hershey Bar Pie
Time: 20 minutes + 4-5 hours refrigeration
Yield: 1 heavenly pie
Recipe adapted from She Wears Many Hats
7 1.5 oz Hershey’s Chocolate Bars with Almonds
1 8 oz tub Cool Whip
1 1/4 C ground graham cracker crumbs
5 T butter, melted
1 large Hershey bar
1 potato peeler
1. To make your crust, mix the graham cracker crumbs, salt and butter together in a small bowl.
2. Press the mixture into a 9 inch pie plate. I like to use a small measuring cup to help me shape the crust.
3. Unwrap the beautiful bars o’ chocolate.
4. Break them up into pieces and place them in a microwave safe bowl.
5. Melt them in the microwave for 30 seconds. Only 30 seconds now my pie lovin’ friends. Burned chocolate can really put me in a bad mood. Try to stay clear of that kind of upset to your day. Stir up your chocolate. Return the bowl to the microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir……repeat these steps until you have smooth chocolate.
6. Add the cool whip to your chocolate.
7. Stir it all around until both ingredients are mixed well…..incorporated, stirred up nicely, combined together in harmony, coexisting lovingly together, or just plain and simply MIXED WELL. (Hi Karilyn, that was for you sweet cheeks…hope it puts a little simplicity into your day. Thanks for all your fun comments…:)
8. Pour the lovely mixture into your crust.
9. To make the chocolate shavings simply take your peeler to the side of the large chocolate bar, and peel off some of the chocolate. It works best if the chocolate is a bit warm. Not melted, just warm. Leave it in the windowsill for a while, or just hold it (with the wrapper on) in your hand for a minute or two.
10. Cover and refrigerate until firm. About 4-5 hours. Enjoy!