Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken and December Menu Plan

Hello!

Welcome to a post about dinner.
Just regular old dinner.
Not heavy-holiday-gain-ten-million-pounds-it’s-a-feast dinner….
….just regular dinner.
Ahhh.
Sometimes that’s nice.
But don’t worry your pretty little head.
I’ve got lot of holiday type recipes coming up for you all.
Holiday goodies, actually… in many shapes and forms.
Pretty treats for your work party..
Tasty treats to pass on to your neighbors…
Happy holiday treats for your family….
Yummy treats for you to eat while you wrap presents….
Treats for you to enjoy!
It’s going to be a sweet, sweet time.
It will be a Parade of Treats, and will begin this
Wednesday on December 1st.
Hold on to your hats, and your pant size.
It’s going to be a fun time.

But for today, my friends. I have for you….
Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken.
This recipe was passed on to me by my dear friend Katherine.
Can I just say….
I am grateful, and you will be too when you taste it.
My family and I all enjoyed it tremendously! We loved it so much that I am going to make it again this very week!

Also included in today’s post is my December Menu….
Enjoy!

Healthy Tomato Bisque Soup
Cobb Salad with Baked Potato Bar
Teriyaki Noodle Bowl
Crust less Quiche with Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes
Orange Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
Pot Roast with Vegetables and Gravy
Spaghetti….that’s it. Just Spaghetti.
Cream Chicken Tacos in the Crock Pot

1/2 C flour
1 t salt
1 T lemon pepper
3 T olive oil
Sauce:
1 can pineapple chunks
1 1/4 C pineapple juice (use the pineapple juice from the can, there won’t be enough to equal 1 1/4 C. Just add a bit of water to make up the difference.)
3/4 C apple cider vinegar
1 t soy sauce
1/4 t ginger
1 chicken bullion cube
1 C sugar
2 T cornstarch

green onions (optional, but tasty)
1. In a dish mix the flour, salt and lemon pepper.
2. Cut your chicken into strips with some kitchen scissors. Dredge the chicken through the flour mixture.
3. Into a large HOT skillet add the olive oil. Place each piece of chicken into the hot pan. Over medium heat cook the chicken until it is golden brown. Turn each piece over and repeat. Lay the golden brown chicken in a 9×13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Pour the juice from the pineapple can into a measuring cup. Add enough water to the juice to equal 1 1/4 C.
5. In a medium sized sauce pan mix the ginger, sugar and cornstarch. Add all other sauce ingredients to this dry mixture and stir.
6. Bring the sauce to a boil over medium heat. Let it boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then pour 2/3 of the sauce over the top of your chicken.
7. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.

8. Take the chicken out of the oven and pour the pineapple chunks over the top. Pour the rest of the sauce over the top of the chicken and return it to the oven. Bake for another 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle a bit of green onion over the top if you choose. Serve with rice…white or brown.
Enjoy!

November 29, 2010 at 10:29 am

Your meal plan looks delicious! Lots of soup for the cooler weather, my favorite!

November 29, 2010 at 5:42 pm

That recipe looks moist and delicious! I love this kind of dish! Thanks!

November 30, 2010 at 3:16 am

We made this for dinner tonight and my 3 year old ate 4ths. That's always a good thing. It was yummy. Definitely a keeper.

December 1, 2010 at 2:44 am

I made this for dinner tonight..yummy.

Amber
    December 1, 2010 at 5:06 am

LOVED this recipe, and so did all the incredibly picky eaters in my house! Thank you!

December 2, 2010 at 3:47 pm

I made this for dinner Tuesday night. My family all loved it–especially my 4 year old daughter who kept begging for more. We'll definitely be eating this one again! Thanks for sharing.

December 2, 2010 at 7:31 pm

This looks really good Jamie. My husband loves pineapple so this is definetly a must try. I have your Beach Street Lemon Chicken on my December Menu. Cant wait for that one. Take care my friend.

March 14, 2011 at 1:27 am

LOVED this recipe! Thank you so much for sharing! Grandma now thinks I am a better cook than she is, which is saying something since she has almost 90 years experience!
    J

March 25, 2011 at 8:26 pm

This was really, really tasty! The kiddos and hubs loved it! I cooked it in coconut oil as opposed to Olive oil and it worked beautifully! I think next time I make it, I will add in some quick sauteed onions and green peppers before serving to give it a little crunch.
    Seriously YUM!!!

Diana
    July 11, 2011 at 2:30 am

This was DIVINE! Thanks so much for sharing it. We'll definitely be having it again!

July 26, 2011 at 1:26 am

THE best pineapple chicken I've ever had! I added some sauteed diced onion and tomato to the bottom of the casserole dish then layed the chicken on top. I'll be printing this recipe out and making again :)

February 8, 2012 at 1:07 am

So I totally made this for my family tonight I made a few substitutes though because I was short a few ingredients, it still went really well! I used fresh pineapple and instead of pineapple juice I just used water and I had no bouillon cubes so I just opted out and added a little more salt. YUM. Nice job and thanks for sharing!!!

Amanda
    March 4, 2012 at 12:55 am

My fiance found out today that he got a doctoral fellowship to start his PhD work in history. I told him he could have anything he wanted for dinner, and he wanted your pineapple chicken he saw me looking at on Pinterest! It was delicious! Our only critique was to cut down on the apple cider vinegar (maybe half a cup). Thanks so much! We will make this again!

April 22, 2012 at 3:18 am

I just made this for my family tonight and they LOVED it! Thanks so much for your AMAZING recipes!!!!!

Charlotte
    November 6, 2012 at 6:57 am

Although I have not made this recipe, I can tell it will be delicious. Also, it looks like you could use pork loin slices or boneless pork chops instead of the chicken.

Pilar
    March 21, 2013 at 5:29 am

I made this last night, my second recipe from your website. I was very nervous over how it would turn out because all I could smell from the oven was vinegar. I shouldn’t have worried, it was absolutely wonderful. My husband declared it a keeper.