Cinnamon Bear Popcorn

Cinnamon Bear Popcorn

Boy, do I have a great recipe for you today!
Several years ago my friend Katherine
(We’re talking about Katherine passer-on-er of the  Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken recipe)
brought this yummy Cinnamon Bear Popcorn to my house.
It is good.
Really good.
If you like gooey sweet,
cinnamon spiked treats you are going
to
call
this popcorn…..
The Bomb Dot Com.
And I’m not even whistlin’ Dixie.
Cinnamon Bear Popcorn
Time: 30 minutes
Yield: about 15 servings
Recipe from Katherine Rose
24 C popped popcorn (1 C unpopped)
1  16 oz bag cinnamon bears
1 C butter
1/2 C corn syrup
1 1/2 C sugar
1 t vanilla
4 C mini marshmallows
red food coloring
1. Pop up your popcorn. Sprinkle it with just a bit of salt and set it aside.
2. Snip your cinnamon bears up with a pair of kitchen scissors.
Have I mentioned before how handy scissors are in the kitchen? They make projects go so much faster. I’m not against knifes or anything. Wouldn’t want to get on the bad side of a knife at all, actually. Just saying that kitchen scissors are a great way to speed up the cutting process. They too, are The Bomb Dot Com.
Amen.

3. In a medium sized sauce pan combine the butter, corn syrup and sugar. Heat it over medium to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Remove it from the heat and add your vanilla, marshmallows and red food coloring.
5. Isn’t that a fun pretty color! You could of course add more food coloring for a darker pink.  Mix it all around to get everything  melted in and combined.
 5. Stir in the bears.

6. Add the mixture to your popped popcorn. Stir it all around until well combined.

Makes a pretty little gift!
Just in case you have someone
you would like to give
something to this time of year…
Just.
In.
Case.
PS…if you want to eat it all yourself, I won’t tell anyone.
You would still be The Bomb Dot Com in my book.

December 7, 2010 at 4:00 pm

If I can't find the cinnamon bears, what would you suggest I substitute? Regular gummy bears? Cinnamon gum drops? Thanks!

December 7, 2010 at 4:37 pm

I love it! Dear Hubby is going to go wild over this! He's a Cinnamon Bear freak! This recipe will be perfect to take to our Cousin Movie night (the cousins are also Cinnamon Bear freaks)!

December 7, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Jamie,
    thank you so much for picking me to win the Visa gift card, I am truely thankful. Its been a rough year and this will help tremendously. I love your site and frequent all the time. You have a great sense of humor and I just love your pictures. Happy Holidays to your family!

Melissa Haydon

December 7, 2010 at 6:41 pm

I love the PINK!! So pretty!

December 7, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Melissa,
    You are most welcome. Glad I had the opportunity to pass it on to you! Thanks for reading!

December 7, 2010 at 9:12 pm

Ladybugsmom,
    If you can't find the cinnamon bears I would suggest cinnamon flavored gum drops…just regular gummy bears wouldn't be nearly as good. Good luck!

December 9, 2010 at 12:37 am

Hi Jamie – I love your blog and stalk, I mean check, it daily! For this cinnamon bear popcorn, do you have to spread it out and let it dry in the oven on cookie sheets before packaging? I am hosting a recipe swap this weekend and this is going to be the “favor” for everyone coming! LOVE that pink ribbon!
    Thanks for sharing so much of yourself on your blog – I appreciate it!
    Erin
    mnmcmilon@comcast.net

December 9, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Hi there Erin,
    So glad you are enjoying my site. Thanks for reading.
    This popcorn is gooey, but will package well about 15 minutes after it has been made. I believe I just let it sit in the bowl before I put it into bags. It is sticky…but it doesn't really get too clumpy. Does that make sense? Good Luck! Hope your party guests love it!

December 13, 2010 at 12:34 am

This looks so good! Will microwave popcorn work ok for this?

December 13, 2010 at 5:19 pm

Anonymous,
    I do believe you could use microwave popcorn. I would stick with maybe the lower butter choices, as the recipe calls for so much butter. Let me know how it goes!

December 22, 2010 at 1:30 am

I love the idea of cinnamon candies with popcorn! We didn't have cinnamon bears here so we tried it with hot tamales. It was great and everyone loved it! Thank you!

January 27, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Thanks for this awesome recipe. My dad loves cinnamon Bears and popcorn so this was the perfect treat for him. Thanks for posting such good recipes! I have loved them all!

February 9, 2012 at 8:46 pm

This looks amazing! I would love it if you could place your recipe at the end of your instructions in a printable format! Thanks!!

February 9, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Colleen,
      If you look under the title of the recipe, just before the ingredient list you'll notice the words “PRINT RECIPE”. This will take you to an all white page, with only the written recipe that you can print.
      Thanks,

February 28, 2012 at 10:55 pm

I just had to write and let you know that I made this the other day to put in a care package for my husband who works 8 hours away in another state. It was DELISH! And easy to make! My only struggle was stirring it, but I think I moved too slowly after I poured it over the popcorn. I LOVE chocolate covered cinnamon bears, so I drizzled some melted milk chocolate over half the recipe as well. WOW!! It was wonderful with the chocolate and without! My husband loved it too! Thank you!!

February 7, 2013 at 11:39 am

Love your blog! I want to make this with my daughter’s kindergarten class but we only have a microwave to “cook” in. Do you think it would work in a microwave?

Bridget
    February 14, 2014 at 10:32 am

This is my husbands favorite! Thanks for posting it to remind me of something I can make him for Valentines :)