Love me a good Beef Stroganoff.
Love the smell (and sound) of meat sizzling away in a hot pan. Combine that wonderful flavor with a thick and creamy mushroom sauce, pour it over the top of hot egg noodles…and you’ve got me.
Hook line and sinker.
Love it, love it.
however isn’t a fan of red meat.
Have a Cherry Pie,
I can not tell a lie.
Wouldn’t Abraham Lincoln George Bush The Other George Bush
It is Presidents Day, you know.
MyHandsomeHusband prefers his Beef Stroganoff with no beef and double the mushrooms.
If that is your cup of tea…please make it that way!
If not, and the sound and smell of sizzling meat puts a little spring in your step…
…then sizzle away!
If you could use a little chuckle…
Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!
3 T butter
1 pound Stewing Beef
1 8 oz package mushrooms
salt and pepper
2 C beef broth
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 t Worcestershire sauce
1/4 C milk
2 T cornstarch
4 oz cream cheese
1. In a large skillet melt 1 T of butter over medium high heat. Add you stewing beef and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Cook your meat until it has a nice brown sear on either side.
3. Set the meat aside and melt the other 2 T of butter in your pan. Add the mushrooms and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let the mushrooms cook until they are a nice brown color.
4. Throw the meat back into the pan with your ‘shrooms. Yum. “Don’t they look lovely, June? Yes, Henry love the feathers.”
I have to quote movies now and then. I write this blog late at night when I can’t think strait. Please don’t hold me accountable.
5. In a medium sized bowl combine the beef broth, mushroom soup, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour it over the top of your beef and ‘shrooms. Let the mixture come to a boil, stirring occasionally.
6. Place your cream cheese in a small bowl. Put it in the microwave until it becomes soft you can stir it around easily.
7. In a small cup combine the milk and cornstarch. Stir it around until it is nice and smooth. You don’t want it to be lumpy, now. Seriously. Lumpy beef stroganoff won’t win you a front seat at the parade.
8. Pour the cornstarch mixture into your hot pan. Stir it all around to incorporate. Let the stroganoff return to a boil. It will thicken as the temperature rises.
9. Add your softened cream cheese. Stir to incorporate. Cook until heated through. (Just a few minutes.)
Serve with hot egg noodles.