Cream Cheese Brownies with Chocolate Frosting.
They are good, man.
We are talking triple layers of heavenly bliss, here!
…melt in your mouth brownie deliciousness….
….dreamy layer of cream cheese baked right in…
…smooth and creamy frosting spread over the top….
A triple layer delight!
Sounds good, yes?
Can’t wait until you
ok…maybe that’s going too far.
please…don’t be so hasty.
to your tried and true recipe collection extraordinaire…
Make that Triple Sure.
Cream Cheese Brownies
Time: 30 minutes prep + 30-40 min baking + time to cool and frost
Yield: One 9 x 13 pan
Brownie Recipe from my mother in law Jill Eskelson
Frosting Recipe from The Lion House
1 C butter, softened
2 C sugar
8 T cocoa powder
1 1/2 C flour
CREAM CHEESE BATTER:
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/2 C sugar
1 t vanilla
1/4 C butter
1/2 C cocoa
4-6 T milk
1 1/2 t vanilla
3-4 C powdered sugar
1. To make the brownie batter, beat the butter, sugar and eggs until creamed together nicely. Should take about 3-4 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl combine the flour, cocoa and dash of salt.
3. Pour the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and mix until all is well combined.
3. Spray an 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Spread about 2/3 of your Brownie Batter into the pan.
4. Let’s make the Cream Cheese Batter! Beat your cream cheese until nice and smooth. Add the other ingredients and beat for about 3 minutes.
5. Pour it right on top of your Brownie Batter.
6. Spread it all around.
7. Take the rest of your Brownie Batter and spoon it onto your Cream Cheese Batter.
8. Spread the top layer of Brownie Batter around just a bit.
You don’t want to mix the two batters up too much. They just need to be marbled a bit.
If you stick your knife strait up into the air you can make pretty patterns like this. But seriously…it doesn’t matter much. They just need to be marbled together.
9. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean out of the center.
10. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
11. To make the frosting melt your butter in a glass measuring cup.
Pour the cocoa into the melted butter and stir well to make a thick paste.
12. Pour just 2 T of the milk into the chocolate paste and stir until smooth.
13. In a large mixing bowl combine 3 C powdered sugar, the chocolate paste, vanilla and 2 more T milk. Beat the frosting. As it begins to come together add more milk until it is smooth and glossy. If it’s too runny add more powdered sugar and beat well.
14. Spread the frosting over the top of your cooled brownies.